• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

One or two excuses & probably quite limited! The "ah fuck, here we go again" playoff thread

And if he did, so what? He's been here 8 years and he's won sweet fuck all for you. If I'm the Leafs and the Bruins offered me Marchand for Matthews straight up I'm taking that deal every day of the friggin' week.
Then you may need to change the batteries in your CO2 detector. Seriously. Marchand is not getting better than he is and will be soon on the downslide. You’re the guy who shouts to the world what a loser AM34 is and will wring your hands and giggle with delight as he hoists a cup elsewhere. GTFOH with that nonsense.

i don't get this. players are asked to waive NTCs all the time. nobody needs to be an asshole about it.
Tavares is comfortable here

The teams lining up to take his high cap hit and low salary are not going to be desireable for him to continue his career and uproot his family.

Im not saying you need to kidnap his kids, but the coach/gm new or otherwise need to make it very very clear to John that going forward he's a third liner with a very reduced role, maybe a PP2 merchant.

Would MAYBE be uncomfortable for Dubas because he's the one that promised the world to Tavares. For Tre I'm not sure where the discomfort is.

Also, and this really shouldnt be needed to said, but trading Marner cause you cant/dont want to negotiate a 8 x 12 contract with him and prefer to get near top value in return on a trade doesn't mean you dump him for anything and get better, cause he's a woman or some such rubbish.

I just dont trust Tre to do a good job of handling anything hockey related moving forward.

His first order of business will be to move mountains to get Markstrom and hes going to blow his wad doing it

we'll see how comfortable he is and how much he believes his kids need to be in toronto when it comes time to negotiate his next contract in one year from now.
I mean thats the problem.

He might simply be content riding out his current deal and hanging them up or taking league min with a contender that will have him. He's not required to finish out his current deal in Utah because the Leafs dont like him anymore.

It needs to be made clear to him that his time in Toronto is not going to be as close to the same as it was before.

Then you may need to change the batteries in your CO2 detector. Seriously. Marchand is not getting better than he is and will be soon on the downslide. You’re the guy who shouts to the world what a loser AM34 is and will wring your hands and giggle with delight as he hoists a cup elsewhere. GTFOH with that nonsense.
With Marchand you might have already won that elusive Cup you dream of. I'm not saying I would try to trade 34 but if he decides he wants to walk because he got hurt in the feels by critical fans then fuck him, he's too fragile to succeed in the playoffs.

Besides, you and I both know that he's walking at the end of his current deal regardless. That's why he didn't max out on the term. He's got one foot out the door already. The Leafs would be crazy not to trade him before that contract expires.

With Marchand you might have already won that elusive Cup you dream of. I'm not saying I would try to trade 34 but if he decides he wants to walk because he got hurt in the feels by critical fans then fuck him, he's too fragile to succeed in the playoffs.

Besides, you and I both know that he's walking at the end of his current deal regardless. That's why he didn't max out on the term. He's got one foot out the door already. The Leafs would be crazy not to trade him before that contract expires.
You exude so much divorced multiple times energy, and doesnt know why his kids wont come to Sunday Dinner energy.

I mean thats the problem.

He might simply be content riding out his current deal and hanging them up or taking league min with a contender that will have him. He's not required to finish out his current deal in Utah because the Leafs dont like him anymore.

It needs to be made clear to him that his time in Toronto is not going to be as close to the same as it was before.

???

he cares so much about being in Toronto that he will refuse to waive an NTC for one year to anywhere.

but then will have no problem just leaving the next year anyways?

Resign him. Letting him go for the sake of it doesn’t help.

Or you let him go and sign McDavid.

I don’t really see how doubling down on keeping him around helps either. And for a vastly over-inflated AAV once again.

I’d rather have the free cap space, though hopefully with a competent GM to spend it instead of pizza boy.

As for McDavid—considering we’re now a much bigger shit-show than the Oilers, I think the slim chance of him jumping ship to come here has evaporated.

???

he cares so much about being in Toronto that he will refuse to waive an NTC for one year to anywhere.

but then will have no problem just leaving the next year anyways?
There is a difference between having your deal end and sign with someone else ( and you get to pick)

To being asked to leave on your current deal to a bottom feeder.

Its not like he's being asked to get traded to NYR or something

Tavares is comfortable here

The teams lining up to take his high cap hit and low salary are not going to be desireable for him to continue his career and uproot his family.

Im not saying you need to kidnap his kids, but the coach/gm new or otherwise need to make it very very clear to John that going forward he's a third liner with a very reduced role, maybe a PP2 merchant.
The entire problem is that these core 4 guys are way too comfortable. No one who shits the bed in the playoffs the way these guys do should be permitted the luxury of "comfort". So if Tavares, to name just one, doesn't want to waive his NTC because he's comfortable where he is? Make him uncomfortable. Replace Keefe with a hard ass coach who has orders to make Tavares' life miserable. Take the C off his chest. Relegate him to the 4th line. Show him in a thousand little ways that he is no longer important or wanted. He'll waive. In fact, he'll beg to leave.

Back