• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

One or two excuses & probably quite limited! The "ah fuck, here we go again" playoff thread

I'm not even saying we should necessarily trade anyone, just that the idea that players would simply refuse to waive a NTC no matter what was always a weird one to me.

though of course they should ditch tavares.

it’s still bat shit crazy to take that approach with Marner. Like if a deal comes up you ask and see how it’s taken but entertaining letting mitch walk as a ufa is completely insane.

Ok…so what do you do if Mitch won’t waive his NMC, and your only two options are to let him walk as a UFA, or re-sign him to an extension at the $12-13M AAV he’ll almost certainly be demanding.

Do you sign him to that deal, then?

I’d be ok trading Marner. But it has to make your team better. Basically you need a stud #1 D and find a way to get a top 6 winger for the same money. Like when Boston traded Thornton for nothing they used the cap space on Chara and Savard.

Tavares has to go. Can’t spend $11 mill on this. You can sign Roy or skjei and get an actual center and still have money left over.

If he's ill then he would obviously not have to practice on an off-day or even on a game day morning skate. But the team still has to run a practice so they replace his spot as a contingency. But that doesn't mean he's not playing. He doesn't need to be ready for practice and at this point of the season, practice is pretty much a useless exercise. He only needs to be ready to go when the puck drops.

I think he plays.

On the issue if NMC. Why wouldn't Marner wave? His new team could give him an extra year right?

Tell him he's got no future here and ship him out of town with the president, the GM, and the coaching staff.
And how do you find a team willing to take that man baby on at the hotel mini-bar price he will demand? Trading Marner is addition by subtraction because you aren't getting market value for him, not after that execrable display on Saturday night.

unblocked just to see more moronic inanity, and thinking he knows what he's talking about when he obviously doesn't. what did i expect?

this time the block stays on.

Let's start by dumping Tavares and a pos useless empty calorie loser like Jarnkrok and rebuilding the d with that money. If a deal comes around that makes sense for Mitch, go ahead. But I still don't love trading him for the sake of trading him, yeah.
After how he behaved on the bench Saturday night you can't keep him. Marner is an entitled little bitch and he is toxic to any team trying to become an elite playoff team. He has proven time and again that you can't win with him in any game of importance. He has to go. Take whatever you can get. And don't worry about losing that trade because I can guarantee you that any team that acquires him will never win anything either.

I’d be ok trading Marner. But it has to make your team better. Basically you need a stud #1 D and find a way to get a top 6 winger for the same money. Like when Boston traded Thornton for nothing they used the cap space on Chara and Savard.

Tavares has to go. Can’t spend $11 mill on this. You can sign Roy or skjei and get an actual center and still have money left over.

Ok…but if you can’t find those replacements, then what?

Let him walk, or re-sign him to a new long-term deal with an ironclad NMC for $12-13M?

The level of vitriol from the media, especially former players this go around, leads me to believe Mitch quietly asks out this off season

He always envisioned being the next home town hero but its never going to happen
If Mitch is on the fence about staying in Toronto all he needs to do is watch that Jay Rosehill clip. He's a pariah now.

Back