• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

One or two excuses & probably quite limited! The "ah fuck, here we go again" playoff thread

On the issue if NMC. Why wouldn't Marner wave? His new team could give him an extra year right?

Tell him he's got no future here and ship him out of town with the president, the GM, and the coaching staff.

On the issue if NMC. Why wouldn't Marner wave? His new team could give him an extra year right?

Tell him he's got no future here and ship him out of town with the president, the GM, and the coaching staff.

The "would never waive" argument never really made much sense. Why would players stay where they weren't wanted? Especially in a market like this that is all over them?

All whining aside, it's pretty fucking hilariously leafy that both Willy and Auston get the most crippling illnesses of their career just as playoffs begin. They basically have never missed games due to illness in their entire careers. You can't make this shit up.

All whining aside, it's pretty fucking hilariously leafy that both Willy and Auston get the most crippling illnesses of their career just as playoffs begin. They basically have never missed games due to illness in their entire careers. You can't make this shit up.
All while Marner just returns from a high ankle sprain and is clearly not 100% either.

At least Tavares is healthy!

Right?

Right?

The "would never waive" argument never really made much sense. Why would players stay where they weren't wanted? Especially in a market like this that is all over them?
Also they can pretty much pick their destination, only agree to be traded somewhere they want to re-sign. Or maybe in Tavares’s case go somewhere sunny for a year and then come back at a big discount.

Matthews - Sitting out 1 & 1/3’s of two must-win playoff games because he’s got the sniffles.

Nylander - Sat out the first three games of the series due to a headache.

Marner - Actually dressing for all the games, but is floating around, actively avoiding any contact and producing nothing.

Tavares - Typically underwhelming, passionless android performance from captain Roboto.

Really doing a bang-up job of dispelling their reputation as regular-season milestone chasers who vanish like a fart in the wind in the playoffs. Truly outstanding.

I’ve been one of those arguing they won’t waive, but things might finally get toxic enough in this market after a meek game five first round exit that they’d be willing to waive. Especially with only one year left on Marner & Tavares’ respective deals.

Make it clear to them they won’t be re-signed here and aren’t wanted, and maybe they waive to go to teams that are willing to sign them to an extension this summer.

it’s still bat shit crazy to take that approach with Marner. Like if a deal comes up you ask and see how it’s taken but entertaining letting mitch walk as a ufa is completely insane.

Let's start by dumping Tavares and a pos useless empty calorie loser like Jarnkrok and rebuilding the d with that money. If a deal comes around that makes sense for Mitch, go ahead. But I still don't love trading him for the sake of trading him, yeah.

Let's start by dumping Tavares and a pos useless empty calorie loser like Jarnkrok and rebuilding the d with that money. If a deal comes around that makes sense for Mitch, go ahead. But I still don't love trading him for the sake of trading him, yeah.
this makes sense to me.

shanny + tre + keefe gone, JT gone, new blueline to start.

Back