• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

One or two excuses & probably quite limited! The "ah fuck, here we go again" playoff thread

the more i think about it the more i'm convinced that Brodie has a substance abuse problem.

Would track. Long career as a matchup defender is hard physically, wife has significant health problems, etc, etc. All the reasons for it are there.

But also, father time. Dude is almost 34. I made this argument before regarding other defenders (Muzzin). Most NHL'ers don't age gracefully. Brodie was the 12th oldest defender to average 20+mpg this season. 17th oldest if you extend that to 18mpg (a pretty decent analogue for "top 4")

Honestly....that's Utah's music. I don't think they care about saving money so much, but adding a significant name and face to their season ticket drive would be valuable to them and they're going to have a ton of cap to work with because they're inheriting a poverty clownshow.

They have dead money to send back as well if it helps us get something decent in return for John. Schmaltz + Voracek's dead money for JT?
Tavares isn't a big name in Utah. He's not even a big name outside of southern Ontario. He's just another guy in decline. Yesterday's hero, today's zero. Utah will want someone flashier than Tavares. Even Mormons aren't that boring.

Yeah if they truly decide to not even ask Tavares to waive then management are just as much little bitches as the players are. It would be an unfathomable decision that I truly don't see happening even from a management group as dumb as this.

Wife health issues, dad just passed away, didn't train at all this past summer. Substance abuse issues make sense but I also think he's just coasting along and collecting a pay check. Don't see much hunger there.

I like you, but you can fuck off with that talk.

Dude needs to go.

I share your disdain for JT but there’s a chance Leafs clean house and replace current regime with an Old Boys Club GM and that cohort loves low maintenance guys like JT.

Having said all what, the off season talk seems a tad premature… win tomorrow and it’s game on

I share your disdain for JT but there’s a chance Leafs clean house and replace current regime with an Old Boys Club GM and that cohort loves low maintenance guys like JT.

Having said all what, the off season talk seems a tad premature… win tomorrow and it’s game on
Stop teasing them. You're just being cruel now.

He's had a rough a year for a person that anyone possibly could imagine, which understandlbly probably led to an offseason of little to no training

He's 34 with a ton of tread on those tires for a 34 year old

He kinda has been in and out of the lineup all year, that cant be good mentally or physically for him.

AM, Nylander, and Marner need to be broken

Serious question though. What are the expectations of them? If all 3 are top 25 in playoff point production over the last 6 playoffs and that's not good enough from them specifically, what's the expectation?

there is no point in punting shanny, and not letting new prez pick their own gm.

why do teams always waste time like this.

A hypothetical new president might even prefer the organization keeping Treliving in place, for the same reasons Treliving chose the coward’s way and kept Keefe in place.

You can extend your own grace period & tenure by having a ready-made scapegoat that you didn’t hire available to sacrifice in a few years time.

A hypothetical new president might even prefer the organization keeping Treliving in place, for the same reasons Treliving chose the coward’s way and kept Keefe in place.

You can extend your own grace period & tenure by having a ready-made scapegoat that you didn’t hire available to sacrifice in a few years time.
yeah i mean, i get that they always do this, i just think it's ultimately just a waste of a fucking season every time.

Back