• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I'll feel better when it's not a statistical tie. Fucking amazes me that people think he was framed.
Are you familiar with the corrupt history, long ago and extremely recent, of the US intel agencies meddling in not only foreign elections but domestic as well?

In fact, a core liberal tenant used to be the exposure and policing of such overreach and unregulated power use, but since it has benefited them in the last 8 years (the many many hoaxes that were "leaked" to the media), they seem to support them now.

I think one of the most fascinating trends has been how so many core liberal tenants such as free speech, anti-war, etc have been disregarded all in the name of orange man bad. In fact, Edward Snowden should be hailed a hero to the left, but instead he's viewed as an enemy because he's the intel agencies enemy and the intel agencies are the ally of the left now. Others like Snowden who have exposed government corruption (twitter files and the like) are demonized by the left.

Glenn Greenwald, who worked with Snowden to publish Snowden's findings, went into depth on this point recently in his Tucker Carlson interview. Grerenwalk, a self-professed leftist, is incredulous at how the left now acts compared to what they've historically stood for. Really great interview. I know Carlson is literally Hitler to you all but he really has some fantastic interviews.

He went into how the ACLU, who was once admirable with how they defended free speech no matter how abhorrent it was, has also now become politicized in how it picks and chooses what kind of speech should be defended.

Last edited:
He wasn't being funny. He was legitimately fascinated by the idea of coin operated shopping carts.
He lives in rural Maine, previously Manhatten and DC. He's not familiar with an Aldi.

When you're used to seeing countless homeless with shopping carts I can understand his sentiment.

Serious question. Which part of the uni party was Fox serving when they ate 800 million in judgments for perpetuating a lie that according to internal emails they knew was a lie?

If you're going to say that "corporate interests" control both political parties to varying degrees, I don't think you're going to get much push back on that. But calling it a uniparty starts with a misunderstanding of what it is imo. It's the influence of the wealthy on US politics. I don't mean the "I made 10 million for my last movie" hollywood wealthy that the american right pretends runs the country from the shadows either. The actual billionaire class that pours tens of millions into dark money PAC's so that governments can't do shit like bulk buy medicine to get a better deal on it, because that would hurt the S&P. Lobbies against minimum wage increases, etc, etc, etc.

But if that's your "uniparty", Trump's their guy, not yours.

Are you familiar with the corrupt history, long ago and extremely recent, of the US intel agencies meddling in not only foreign elections but domestic as well?

In fact, a core liberal tenant used to be the exposure and policing of such overreach and unregulated power use, but since it has benefited them in the last 8 years (the many many hoaxes that were "leaked" to the media), they seem to support them now.

I think one of the most fascinating trends has been how so many core liberal tenants such as free speech, anti-war, etc have been disregarded all in the name of orange man bad. In fact, Edward Snowden should be hailed a hero to the left, but instead he's viewed as an enemy because he's the intel agencies enemy and the intel agencies are the ally of the left now. Others like Snowden who have exposed government corruption (twitter files and the like) are demonized by the left.

Glenn Greenwald, who worked with Snowden to publish Snowden's findings, went into depth on this point recently in his Tucker Carlson interview. Grerenwalk, a self-professed leftist, is incredulous at how the left now acts compared to what they've historically stood for. Really great interview. I know Carlson is literally Hitler to you all but he really has some fantastic interviews.

He went into how the ACLU, who was once admirable with how they defended free speech no matter how abhorrent it was, has also now become politicized in how it picks and chooses what kind of speech should be defended.
Aaaaaand go!

Serious question. Which part of the uni party was Fox serving when they ate 800 million in judgments for perpetuating a lie that according to internal emails they knew was a lie?

If you're going to say that "corporate interests" control both political parties to varying degrees, I don't think you're going to get much push back on that. But calling it a uniparty starts with a misunderstanding of what it is imo. It's the influence of the wealthy on US politics. I don't mean the "I made 10 million for my last movie" hollywood wealthy that the american right pretends runs the country from the shadows either. The actual billionaire class that pours tens of millions into dark money PAC's so that governments can't do shit like bulk buy medicine to get a better deal on it, because that would hurt the S&P. Lobbies against minimum wage increases, etc, etc, etc.

But if that's your "uniparty", Trump's their guy, not yours.
The same thing every mainstream network also does?

I am not saying corporate interests. I am saying intel agencies interest. I don't disagree about your dark money interests, but I believe the intel agencies have had a larger impact and control of the mainstream networks.

Trump is anti intel agencies running the country and dictating public policy. Unfortunately he was played like a fiddle times in his 1st term. Anti the country being controlled by the Victoria Nuland's who want the US to finance conflicts around the world. Anti-authoritarianism.

Back