• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

classic. instead of engaging in an argument on the merits (which you seem unable or unwilling to do), resort to ad hominem.

it's okay to admit you don't pay close attention to politics!

it's also okay to allow new information to change a previously held opinion! (scandalous, I know)
You’re a moron. You’re in no position to put me on trial. And that’s what this always becomes - a bunch of fucking idiots making up groundless allegations and attributing them to me and then sitting back and saying “prove me wrong”. Prove you fuck you.

The "Rule of unintended consequences" is super strong on the Left.

On the right, it is "intended consequences". They really do believe that the ends justifies the means, that society has gone to far secular and that G_D needs to have a bigger influence in people's lives for all of us to live better "moral" lives. That way, everybody will just get along! And the only way to do it is either through a Christofascists state or a pro-authoritain/strongman leader/party.

On the Left, they see a real legit problem. Try to use facts and figures (maybe even science) to find a solution that solves the problem (as quickly as possible) and they elevate the people that see the problem and have solutions. But the problem with this is that this gives these people more power and position in Society. Something they didn't have before, and probably/maybe were not ready for. And we all know what power does.... So we get unintended consequences that they didn't theorize and are not ready to correct (because maybe they might lose some power or more probably don't want to be seen as a failure that would hurt their cause). ie. Anti-antisemitism.

I had a conservative friend/co-worker who was a philosophy (and business) grad whose main view of the left was a big power grab. "It is all about power" he would tell me on the daily, and I never agreed because how could safe spaces be bad? It is just common decency. But as I see the "woke" movement go a long and gain steam, it has really become an "us vs them" mythology or good (oppressed) vs bad (oppressor). Or put it more succinctly white (whiteness) vs black (BIPOC culture). Who has the power/ Who gets to wield that power.

And if "wokeness" killed comedy, then tell me WTF did I just watch on The Boys this week?

The "Rule of unintended consequences" is super strong on the Left.

On the right, it is "intended consequences". They really do believe that the ends justifies the means, that society has gone to far secular and that G_D needs to have a bigger influence in people's lives for all of us to live better "moral" lives. That way, everybody will just get along! And the only way to do it is either through a Christofascists state or a pro-authoritain/strongman leader/party.

On the Left, they see a real legit problem. Try to use facts and figures (maybe even science) to find a solution that solves the problem (as quickly as possible) and they elevate the people that see the problem and have solutions. But the problem with this is that this gives these people more power and position in Society. Something they didn't have before, and probably/maybe were not ready for. And we all know what power does.... So we get unintended consequences that they didn't theorize and are not ready to correct (because maybe they might lose some power or more probably don't want to be seen as a failure that would hurt their cause). ie. Anti-antisemitism.

I had a conservative friend/co-worker who was a philosophy (and business) grad whose main view of the left was a big power grab. "It is all about power" he would tell me on the daily, and I never agreed because how could safe spaces be bad? It is just common decency. But as I see the "woke" movement go a long and gain steam, it has really become an "us vs them" mythology or good (oppressed) vs bad (oppressor). Or put it more succinctly white (whiteness) vs black (BIPOC culture). Who has the power/ Who gets to wield that power.

And if "wokeness" killed comedy, then tell me WTF did I just watch on The Boys this week?

Wokeness didn't kill comedy. Dave Chappelle has been at war with them for years and it hasn't impacted his ticket sales, netflix deals, etc. Bill Burr is another one they hate and his career keeps getting better.

Worrying about "the woke mafia" or any of that bullshit is just performative screeching about the super fringe SJW left that incorporates a very small percentage of the population to run cover fire for assaults on good to very good progressive ideas that have no direct relation to the super fringe SJW population.

You’re a moron. You’re in no position to put me on trial. And that’s what this always becomes - a bunch of fucking idiots making up groundless allegations and attributing them to me and then sitting back and saying “prove me wrong”. Prove you fuck you.
sorry, I forgot that you are the only poster who cannot be challenged on their stated views on this here, er, internet message board.

perhaps, if you're so insecure about your beliefs, don't share them publicly here!

if you do, then maybe don't go apoplectic when folks disagree with you, or challenge you. or ask you to fucking explain the things you posted previously.

of course, you're welcome to actually try to materially engage with what other folks are saying. but if you prefer, continue on with the insults and misdirection!

sorry, I forgot that you are the only poster who cannot be challenged on their stated views on this here, er, internet message board.

perhaps, if you're so insecure about your beliefs, don't share them publicly here!

if you do, then maybe don't go apoplectic when folks disagree with you, or challenge you. or ask you to fucking explain the things you posted previously.

of course, you're welcome to actually try to materially engage with what other folks are saying. but if you prefer, continue on with the insults and misdirection!
No, Mr. Fucking Prosecutor, when you bring charges against someone, first fucking back them up with something before telling the person to launch into his defense. These aren't "challenges" - they're attacks. And they're always based on nothing.

I shared some views relevant to me, here in California, not in some armpit of Canada or wherever you're holed up. Then I have to hear one moron come after me, literally starting off by telling me I'm the worst human being ever, then telling me I'm brainwashed by my overlords and anti-teachers and anti-education because I shared a complaint that some of my friends have shared with me, and then telling me that I'm a liar for sharing what they told me. Then several others agree that I'm lying or exaggerating - based on what?? Does it get any more ridiculous than this? Then the morning shift starts with HL chiming in about who I'm voting for and lecturing me on how I'm completely unaware of what it means to not vote against Trump in a state where the outcome of the vote is a foregone conclusion! And then you, the all time dumbass who makes love to himself by the sound of his keystrokes, starts his usual misinterpreting through his pre-school reading comp skills and wrongly accusing me of complete garbage like I'm pro-autocracy.

And then it's so fucking weird that I don't want to engage in some serious debate with some serious fair-minded folks around here. Imagine that!
You claimed I'm pro-autocracy. Why don't you explain how.

No, Mr. Fucking Prosecutor, when you bring charges against someone, first fucking back them up with something before telling the person to launch into his defense. These aren't "challenges" - they're attacks. And they're always based on nothing.

I shared some views relevant to me, here in California, not in some armpit of Canada or wherever you're holed up. Then I have to hear one moron come after me, literally starting off by telling me I'm the worst human being ever, then telling me I'm brainwashed by my overlords and anti-teachers and anti-education because I shared a complaint that some of my friends have shared with me, and then telling me that I'm a liar for sharing what they told me. Then several others agree that I'm lying or exaggerating - based on what?? Does it get any more ridiculous than this? Then the morning shift starts with HL chiming in about who I'm voting for and lecturing me on how I'm completely unaware of what it means to not vote against Trump in a state where the outcome of the vote is a foregone conclusion! And then you, the all time dumbass who makes love to himself by the sound of his keystrokes, starts his usual misinterpreting through his pre-school reading comp skills and wrongly accusing me of complete garbage like I'm pro-autocracy.

And then it's so fucking weird that I don't want to engage in some serious debate with some serious fair-minded folks around here. Imagine that!
You claimed I'm pro-autocracy. Why don't you explain how.
okay, I give up. will debate on your terms.

1720206089723.jpeg

Aha, so when you need to back up even one of your stupid, groundless accusations, you resort to posting pictures.

You cowardly cunt.

also, since it was apparently not obvious, I consider folks who are aware of the stakes of the upcoming election, but choose not to vote against the autocrat, to support autocracy!

Did anyone uber wealthy enjoy a tax cut in California?

He eliminated the state tax deduction. That applied to everyone, and it was massive.

That's a question for an accountant, but I'm going to bet that the wealthy did in fact benefit from it regardless of state. Like, the actual wealthy. Not the people with 7 figures in net worth. But the people who own the patent on the colour blue and shit, it's safe to assume that they made out just fine considering the epic, epic cost of the tax cuts and how few benefit from it.

Back