• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

the media has either been bought or indoctrinated.

It was bought decades ago. This is nothing new. They're all publicly traded companies beholden to shareholders. If they have to choose between short term shareholder value or long term reputational value (aka, good journalism), they'll pick short term shareholder value all day every day. Gotta maximize those clicks baby.

These are interesting times in Europe. Both Britain and now France have rejected their hard right conservative types of governments and overwhelmingly so.

I saw today how the media was explaining the French election and all of its layers and it was so obvious on cnn that "democracy is so confusing" angle. And "you think our elections are complicated...take a look at these guys...the guys who invented the revolution against the monarchy and democracy "

I agree that dark Brandon needs to come out just to be the image of someone who doesn't have to pull back their punches.

It was bought decades ago. This is nothing new. They're all publicly traded companies beholden to shareholders. If they have to choose between short term shareholder value or long term reputational value (aka, good journalism), they'll pick short term shareholder value all day every day. Gotta maximize those clicks baby.
that's not the bought I'm talking about.

OY7UbU3.png

BLACK DONT CRACK
yo.gif

Back