• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Trump being a lying SOB is not “news” though

He’s been fact checked a billion times…. his supporters do not care and the people who despise him (like me) are no longer surprised at how low he can go.

He’s not even a real person at this point… more like a one dimensional cartoon villain.
Very hard to cover someone like that

No, but the whole bit about tearing down democracy and installing himself as a dictator seems to be new to a bunch of undecided voters.

Biden being old isn't news either.

Biden was old 4 years ago, I agree but as I mentioned previously, he had an air of “I can still do this shit despite my age” until recently

It still has to be said.

The media has been pathetic. They played a huge role in normalizing Dotard. Full stop.

The fact checked him a billion times.

What’s another billion fact checks going to do.

My issue with the media (both here in Canada and US) is that they cover campaigns like they’re horse races. Very little policy talk makes the news…

That’s been going on for decades

he had an air of “I can still do this shit despite my age” until recently

The only time he hasn't appeared that way was at the debate.

He seemed fine before the debate (though granted, old AF) and has seemed fine since the debate (though still, old AF). At what point do you chalk that one day up as not that important?

He’s not even a real person at this point… more like a one dimensional cartoon villain.
Very hard to cover someone like that

I mean, this just isn't fucking true at all. He's a never ending fountain of lies, gaffes, and hilarity if you're looking for it.

My issue with the media (both here in Canada and US) is that they cover campaigns like they’re horse races. Very little policy talk makes the news…

That’s been going on for decades
The entire Republican platform for the 2024 Election is as follows:

- Do whatever Donald Trumps wants.

Perhaps the media could put 1% of the time spent informing everyone that "Biden is old" about that.

I mean I'm generally pro-media, but the way they're handling the election right now is batshit fucking insane.

The only time he hasn't appeared that way was at the debate.

He seemed fine before the debate (though granted, old AF) and has seemed fine since the debate (though still, old AF). At what point do you chalk that one day up as not that important?

I want to win the election so I don’t want to see any more ill timed muffins.

So I’m less patient than the leafs were with Samsonov

I mean, this just isn't fucking true at all. He's a never ending fountain of lies, gaffes, and hilarity if you're looking for it.

Good metaphor. Telling me Trump is a liar is like reporting water is wet.

They still do it because it needs to be said but the impact is diminished

Trump being a lying SOB is not “news” though

He’s been fact checked a billion times…. his supporters do not care and the people who despise him (like me) are no longer surprised at how low he can go.
Your posts read like you have skin in the game, tbh.

Your posts read like you have skin in the game, tbh.

I’ve hated Trump with a passion for decades…didn’t think he’d survive his loss in 2020 but here we are

I’ll sleep easier when he loses again… would feel better if Dems had a better candidate

Good metaphor. Telling me Trump is a liar is like reporting water is wet.

They still do it because it needs to be said but the impact is diminished

I mean, do we actually knows this to be true? He's got his 70-75 million that you're not changing the mind of. That's less than a quarter of the population of the country though. That's a lot of fertile ground to plow for eyeballs, engagement, etc.

Back