• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I don't think we're necessarily that far off in our assessments, you're just going overboard with the rhetoric today for whatever reason.

Breaking News: 81 year old man is not as sharp as he was when he was 77. I'll bet that if we really study the tapes, we may learn he was even sharper when he was 37!!!

It's a concern, and there's definitely been confusion and decline. That DOES. NOT. MEAN. that he has "lost his mind".
I'm being extreme because this isn't my retired grandpa. This is the United States of America.

But I'll take this. As long as I'm no longer deep state I'm pleased.

I don't think we're necessarily that far off in our assessments, you're just going overboard with the rhetoric today for whatever reason.

Breaking News: 81 year old man is not as sharp as he was when he was 77. I'll bet that if we really study the tapes, we may learn he was even sharper when he was 37!!!

It's a concern, and there's definitely been confusion and decline. That DOES. NOT. MEAN. that he has "lost his mind".
“Not as sharp” is a cute way of describing early dementia.

81 yr old with dementia and 100% parkinsons, who actually died 2 years ago continues to manage to politically outmanuever his competition in every way that should matter.

If Biden is even close to as bad as some of you want to suggest, what does that say about his political competition?

Literally nothing has been made up. It's all for the public to see. Countless examples of him being confused, losing his train of thought and even forgetting where he is in public appearances. That's not a trait that anyone should feel comfortable about for a fucking president. Minimizing it or downplaying the severity helps no one.

And yes it's better than the alternative but the problem is our opinions don't matter. All it does is give anyone on the fence a perfectly viable excuse to vote Trump or not vote at all.
ehhhh you're overstating this here IMO. or you've succumbed to Fox' selectively edited clips.

countless examples of him being confused? really?

forgetting where he is in public?

I'm willing to concede that this has happened, but I have seen no evidence of it and will be skeptical until I do.

The fact that anyone can be on the fence is the real problem. Biden could walk into the middle of times square, shit his pants, and ask everywhere where he was, and he'd still be 10x better than Trump.
Don't give him any ideas

The fact that anyone can be on the fence is the real problem. Biden could walk into the middle of times square, shit his pants, and ask everywhere where he was, and he'd still be 10x better than Trump.

Yes, but that doesn't matter because lots of people are going to vote Trump. He got 74 mill votes in 2020 and the swing states were super close.

It would be nice if the Dems ran a good candidate that people want to vote for.

Yeah, I don't think this is where Trump fan want to take the conversation. Trump's use of adult diapers is well known, well corroborated by people who worked with him on the Apprentice yeeears ago now.
their campaign is almost always projecting. we know this.

Ehhh, there’s an already debunked article about him having Parkinson’s on the front page of the NYT, the original source that pushed that theory being Laura Loomer.
not to mention the deceptively edited video clips that are all the rage in right-wing media

81 yr old with dementia and 100% parkinsons, who actually died 2 years ago continues to manage to politically outmanuever his competition in every way that should matter.

If Biden is even close to as bad as some of you want to suggest, what does that say about his political competition?
a few months ago right-wing media was full of stories about how he was pumped full of some miracle drug to try and explain how he was so sharp and energetic!

There's some legal hurdles to anyone other than Kamala getting those fundraising dollars raised so far if Biden steps down, yeah? Anyone know how that works?

Yes, but that doesn't matter because lots of people are going to vote Trump. He got 74 mill votes in 2020 and the swing states were super close.

It would be nice if the Dems ran a good candidate that people want to vote for.
And that was before Trump had Jan 6, abortion ban, Bidens booming economy, etc...

Biden scored an own goal but he started the game up 2 to 0, and in the last 4 years scored a dozen goals. So he is up 14 to 1 and is currently on the PK.

#notworried

a few months ago right-wing media was full of stories about how he was pumped full of some miracle drug to try and explain how he was so sharp and energetic!
The GOP already convinced voters Biden was old and losing his mind so I doubt the debate changes much beyond the very slim minority that paid attention.

Back