• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

When was the last time we saw a candidate's own party suddenly split over the issue of asking the candidate to step aside after just a "bad debate"?

Or maybe the issue is more than just a "bad debate"?

Obama's first debate against Romney was terrible. Where were all the calls for him to step aside?

This situation is unprecedented but folks are pretending it’s business as usual ie Trump sucks too, Biden has the incumbency advantage, etc

anyway, we’ll have new things to discuss after Joe bows out

I think one of the things that could come into play to stay with Joe is....
Whose surrounding team of vp and senior counsel do you trust more to support the president in their decisions. Joe, with Harris, and others. Or Trump and the team that he wants to out in place through project 2025. And guys like Brannon ans Miller.?

I think this could sway people to look for the greater good team.

I love how people think that all decisions are made by the president alone. In trumps case that's what he actually wants.

I wish Biden would just ramble incoherently but with manic energy when he doesn't know what to say instead of actually searching for words that mean sense and shit.

Oof.

Did anyone see Biden's senior moment today when he mixed up his 18 yr old son with his 40 yr old son? Went on about how great his 18 yr old son's wife was.

I'm sure it will make the front page of the NYT tomorrow.
I see what you did here....

Why would you bet that?

Fwiw, it was 4 Russian ships including a nuclear submarine that was falling apart. They were there for 5 days and left.

View: https://x.com/igorsushko/status/1802733823983255758

The Russian ships were 1 Frigate, a rescue tug because Russian ships break down a lot, a fuel ship (because Russian frigates have trash range), and the dilapidated sub shown above.

I wish Biden did a better job of putting trump on the spot to show how little he knows during debates. Say things like trump can’t even name 5 African countries, or make up a prime ministers name and watch trump talk for an hour about how he has the best relationship etc..

Media related Democrats (ie. the John Stewarts of the world) don’t get that if they held a primary now, it takes time after for everyone to come together and by then the election is over and trump wins. They are really pushing for people to sit at home and not vote with how they are talking this close to an election. Just because they said bad shit about trump leading into the last election cycles, doesn’t mean they are going to inflict real harm to America with how they are framing the discussion today.

If’s amazing how bad democrats are at framing things to cut through the bullshit though. This smells like Clinton all over again where the media and the D politicians are going to fuck things up for democracy.

This situation is unprecedented but folks are pretending it’s business as usual ie Trump sucks too, Biden has the incumbency advantage, etc

anyway, we’ll have new things to discuss after Joe bows out
Your continued need to (I assume deliberately) mischaracterize other’s positions on this issue is frustrating.

Your continued need to (I assume deliberately) mischaracterize other’s positions on this issue is frustrating.

I wish I was making those positions up but those are actually responses I received…. anyhow, no point in beating a dead horse as we await the next major plot twist in the campaign

Back