• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

While point to this strawman org rather than the initiatives the president himself has laid out on his website. Shit ton of conjecture in that article.
Trump's policy proposals, to the extent he has any, are entirely consistent with Project 2025... it's like, plainly obvious...

I get why people love Trump. Totally get it. He's been fantastic for ratings and fanfare for decades now. What I struggle with is when they say things like "Trump cares about me and cares deeply about all Americans." Quite frankly it's wild that anyone would believe that about any politician but I guess that's why you see many compare the Maga folks to a cult. That's where I see the vast differences between the Biden supporters and Trump supporters personally.

I sorta get it because I understand cults but I'm also kind of shocked by it at the same time. To have that much faith that a billionaire has your back.. Holy shit that's wild to me.

What's wrong with Russia? We're not at war or anything, right?
oh right, you think the US is at war! but you haven't said with whom - still waiting for an answer on that.

what's wrong with Russia? well, their campaign to occupy Ukraine and replace its democratic government with its own, for one. it's constant interference and meddling in American, and other democracy, for two. the constant stream of propaganda and bots undermining democratic institutions and norms, for three.

that's just the short list, off the top of my head!

I get why people love Trump. Totally get it. He's been fantastic for ratings and fanfare for decades now. What I struggle with is when they say things like "Trump cares about me and cares deeply about all Americans." Quite frankly it's wild that anyone would believe that about any politician but I guess that's why you see many compare the Maga folks to a cult. That's where I see the vast differences between the Biden supporters and Trump supporters personally.

I sorta get it because I understand cults but I'm also kind of shocked by it at the same time. To have that much faith that a billionaire has your back.. Holy shit that's wild to me.
and by the time folks who supported him realized he hates them and is actually gonna screw them, take their freedoms away, etc., it will be too late.

I understand cults.

Watched my parents turn into jesus-zombies, and just like a good gateway drug, this helped my father fall right down the rabbit hole to the point he had to move to Alberta lol, to escape, um...Trudeau? IDK....

So yes, maga is a cult, that's why it's so dangerous. They have to be deprogrammed before they can even grasp what truth is anymore.

I think it's the dichotomy of how much the government and government elitists DONT have our back. Any semblance of caring for the common man makes it easy to like the candidate.

Back