• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Never thought of it that way but makes perfect sense, in volatile micro moments, emotions are 100x as important as the fundamentals
You have your immediate emotional reaction to news which almost always results in an overreaction one way or another. I guess in a way it's people trying to digest the news as fast as possible (which is not humanly possible; humans need time to process things) and the asset goes into sort of a price discovery mode. Eventually the emotions settle and the price lands in a spot that is more in tune with reality.

Every time Biden speaks recently, for example, the market is not so different than stock reaction when jpow speaks. And that initial jpow reaction is often quite different than where prices land within 24 hours.

Reactions: CH1
Just seeing this news now. I told people in 2020 that I thought someone might kill him rather than let him win again. But when that went off without incident, I let my guard down! A head shot too.

But I think at this point it's clear that nothing can kill Trump. Even at the end, he's going to wrestle Father Time and Mother Nature and probably somehow beat both.

Back