• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

The core problem is that there is an entire alternate universe they're living in. Oh, you call Trump a threat to democracy? Well, you're all pedos! Both sides! Difference is that in actual shared reality there was an attempt to overthrow the US government on Jan 6th and Trump has never committed to the peaceful transition of power. That's a textbook threat to democracy. On the other side of the ledger, there's no actual evidence for any of the right's pedo claims. The absence of evidence is their evidence of a conspiracy. They consistently ignore and try to memory hole all of the right wingers and right wing institutions caught up in child sexual abuse scandals.

It's all alternate reality bullshit.

- A endless "meaningless" war is actually a democratic nation defending itself from an illegal invasion by an autocratic nation. All of this easily proveable and understood by anyone who even casually searches out information on the conflict and it's history.

- The democrats tried to murder Trump. lol...sure looks like a 20 yr old registered republican at current.

- They want to lock up their political opponents. No, they really don't. They would just prefer them stop committing obvious fucking crimes like fraud, illegally hoarding state secrets in the basement of mar a lago, etc.

It's an epic, insane gaslighting propaganda campaign attempting to insert an entirely loony reality in place of anything resembling the reality the rest of the world would recognize.

My immediate reaction (and fear) is that Newsom and Whitmer will be warned by their respective camps not to spend their political capital fighting an impossible battle against a martyr and just wait until next cycle (Trump dictator in chief for 4 yrs be damned)

I think it’s too soon to say yesterday changed all the calculus….but these fuckers have to decide quickly

Democrats are navel gazing pussies who don't know how to win unless they're dragged kicking and screaming, film at 11.

- Even if you're not looking to subscribe to my theory on polling being fuckered (despite the available evidence including how bad the polls have been at predicting actual elections...remember the red wave?), Biden passed Trump in a few major polls this past week and in the Marist poll, likely voters put being a "motherfucking liar" as a much larger concern than "so, so old".

- Trump got an ear scratch from a republican...I could see a significant shift if it was a guatamalan antifa trans guy on a unicycle with an ironic mustache, but a 20 yr old, white republican hunting enthusiast from Pennsyltucky with a AR-15? There's a reason his grist mill immediately when for "bad democratic rhetoric!!!". That's just not going to stick.

Last edited:
Dems overthinking when in fact they actually need a little crazy….

joe-biden-d59d8c4688ed515d3c75d28d8629b3e972991321.jpg

Dude, I so wish I saw those eyes on debate night!

Serious question mate...how much does that actually matter? Even with the hilarious level of coverage it's gotten, for as long as it's gotten it, we're back at evens at worst.

Joey had a serious seniors moment (about 10-15 of them in a row) and then was just old looking for the rest of the debate. Fast forward a few weeks, voters don't seem to care and aside from one rando Kamala poll, every other D challenger polls worse than Joe.

Serious question mate...how much does that actually matter? Even with the hilarious level of coverage it's gotten, for as long as it's gotten it, we're back at evens at worst.

Joey had a serious seniors moment (about 10-15 of them in a row) and then was just old looking for the rest of the debate. Fast forward a few weeks, voters don't seem to care and aside from one rando Kamala poll, every other D challenger polls worse than Joe.

It wouldn’t matter all that much if it was an isolated incident…but like I said previously, I have zero confidence he’s going to stop handing Trump muffins for the next 17 weeks.

And yes, I know Trump ain’t exactly prime Hasek, but I’m more worried about my guy….and I think someone new could help defeat Trump

Not my view…. but I don’t doubt some of the Biden replacements are chickenshit that the shooting makes Trump now harder to beat

Anyway, it’s been a mere 24hrs so all takes are dumb
I think it's more about being smarter than maybe we give them credit for.
I'm sure they know that his cultists will continue to cult, others will be sad he wasn't shot, and then there's the rest who know that a martyr is bad.

But...big headlines are the thing and division, never a good thing, is worse now...so zip it.

Back