• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I think it’s likely that because he was so young, he might’ve thought that they’d apprehend him rather than shoot him dead in seconds, and then he’d be super famous for the rest of his life and a hero to millions who hated Trump. I can’t explain the conservative background, but I think this might all have been about the kid wanting to get fanfare and notoriety rather than actually personally hating Trump. Just a theory obviously.

It’s like a posted a few pages back…..Oswald shot at both conservative (Walker) and liberal (Kennedy) politicians…..and just like with school shootings or where they often kill randoms versus anyone they had particular animosity against…..it’s about having their moment of infamy, feeling that sense of power and meaning if only for a moment, and getting killed on their way out.

Some are ultimately too gutless to follow through with the suicide by cop (Cruz, Oswald, Holmes) …but for the most part it’s just about being a social outcast, choosing to tap out on life, and doing so in a manner that makes their name famous.

It’s why I think the strongest path to realizing Oswald was the lone shooter is going back and really reading through his childhood/youth and recognizing just how much it matches 1-1 with nearly every “celebrity shooter” or school/mass shooter we see.

Trump like Kennedy….might have just been a matter of opportunity. He was passing through his area, so he went for it.

Oswald failed at killing Walker, and then as luck would have it, in the months that followed fate aligned to being Kennedy directly past his place of work, and he jumped on it.

Last edited:
I think it’s likely that because he was so young, he might’ve thought that they’d apprehend him rather than shoot him dead in seconds, and then he’d be super famous for the rest of his life and a hero to millions who hated Trump. I can’t explain the conservative background, but I think this might all have been about the kid wanting to get fanfare and notoriety rather than actually personally hating Trump. Just a theory obviously.

Early stuff we have heard is he doesn't have much for social media. If he was doing it for fame there is likely manifesto and social media posts.

My guess is severe mental illness. Thought this was fake trump and wanted jfk Jr to take over.

It’s like a posted a few pages back…..Oswald shot at both conservative (Walker) and liberal (Kennedy) politicians…..and just like with school shootings or where they often kill randoms versus anyone they had particular animosity against…..it’s about having their moment of infamy, feeling that sense of power and meaning if only for a moment, and getting killed on their way out.

Some are ultimately too gutless to follow through with the suicide by cop (Cruz, Oswald, Holmes) …but for the most part it’s just about being a social outcast, choosing to tap out on life, and doing so in a manner that makes their name famous.

It’s why I think the strongest path to realizing Oswald was the lone shooter is going back and really reading through his childhood/youth and recognizing just how much it matches 1-1 with nearly every “celebrity shooter” or school/mass shooter we see.

Trump like Oswald….might have just been a matter of opportunity. He was passing through his area, so he went for it.

Oswald failed at killing Walker, and then as luck would have it, in the months that followed fate aligned to being Kennedy directly past his place of work, and he jumped on it.

Yeah, probably a strong likelihood this is the case. A loner/social outcast who’d given up on life and, rather than doing this for any specific ideological reason, decided to jump at his chance at becoming a famous historical figure when Trump rolled through town and the opportunity presented itself.

Also may have been a “wants the world to burn” type, who figured the way to kick off maximum amount of carnage & civil unrest was to put a bullet through Trump’s brain months away from the election.

Early stuff we have heard is he doesn't have much for social media. If he was doing it for fame there is likely manifesto and social media posts.

My guess is severe mental illness. Thought this was fake trump and wanted jfk Jr to take over.

I may have used some of the similar words as LoF but I think it’s less about fame, and more about notoriety…..having made their stamp on history.

They don’t have the self confidence or underlying ideology behind their motives….so there’s no manifesto to write, and they’re too scared of how embarrassing and mocked their words may be taken anyway…..it’s about them feeling invisible in society, and wanting to take that out in as notorious and violent a manner as they can on their way out.

Ted Kaczynski & Anders Breivik had their ideological purposes behind their acts of violence and wrote their manifesto’s laying them all out…..but I think they’re a completely different archetype to what we’re seeing here, or see most often.

I may have used some of the similar words as LoF but I think it’s less about fame, and more about notoriety…..having made their stamp on history.

They don’t have the self confidence or underlying ideology behind their motives….so there’s no manifesto to write, and they’re too scared of how embarrassing and mocked their words may be taken anyway…..it’s about them feeling invisible in society, and wanting to take that out in as notorious and violent a manner as they can on their way out.

Ted Kaczynski & Anders Breivik had their ideological purposes behind their acts of violence and wrote their manifesto’s laying them all out…..but I think they’re a completely different archetype to what we’re seeing here, or see most often.

Too feel important makes sense to me.

Back