• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

eh i'd go for an open convention tbh.

Just hold it here

6598e3e2e855c57a8c4447c195c94b3a.gif

We're all fucked

View: https://x.com/Acyn/status/1813642836560187823

Can Joe give her some lessons on sounding angry? She's putting me to sleep. There had better be something to this "any Democrat but Biden" shit and you guys better not have been getting worked by a GOP driven media operation.

Don't fall for it. Switching now is far too risky. The only candidate I see that can definitely win is Newsom, and not only does he have his own baggage, it would greatly piss off both African-Americans and women.

eh i'd go for an open convention tbh.

black chick ain't gonna win.
I don’t understand how they can just unilaterally decide who their candidate is? In a democracy don’t you need the people to tell you who they want to represent them in the party? Isn’t that the point of primaries?

She always sounds so dumb and looks so pleased with herself at the dumb stuff she says

She just speaks slowly and steady. Which is fine if you're giving detailed instructions to someone about to do an exam or what to eat or not eat with my prescription when I'm picking it up from the pharmacy.

Not something I look forward to hearing out of a public speaker though.

I don’t understand how they can just unilaterally decide who their candidate is? In a democracy don’t you need the people to tell you who they want to represent them in the party? Isn’t that the point of primaries?

technically the delegates are free to nominate whoever they want i think.

She just speaks slowly and steady. Which is fine if you're giving detailed instructions to someone about to do an exam or what to eat or not eat with my prescription when I'm picking it up from the pharmacy.

Not something I look forward to hearing out of a public speaker though.
That, and her voice is just nails on a chalkboard.

“What has been, not what will be” or whatever she’s said a million times is pretty funny too

You'd swear it was the democrats who had lost multiple elections in a row, had a candidate with 34 felony convictions, a bucket of fraud stuff, photos with Epstein, etc, etc. Competing against them is politics on easy mode.
This whole time I thought they genuinely were just hiding Biden’s cognitive state, but to realize they genuinely didn’t know how bad he had become is sobering

Seems odd conceptually is all.

Most of your system is fwiw. The electoral college as an institution does nothing of use and is a major failure point in the system. So many of the US' structural weaknesses today are born out of compromises that got made to cobble the whole thing together in the 1700's.

This whole time I thought they genuinely were just hiding Biden’s cognitive state, but to realize they genuinely didn’t know how bad he had become is sobering

Ehhhh, I don't think he's near as bad as you guys are acting. He's dog walked the Republicans strategically over the last 24 months. Got just about everything he wanted done. You guys are confusing politics as a performance art and cognitive ability as the same thing. They're not.

Back