• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Ehhhh, I don't think he's near as bad as you guys are acting. He's dog walked the Republicans strategically over the last 24 months. Got just about everything he wanted done. You guys are confusing politics as a performance art and cognitive ability as the same thing. They're not.
These fucking narratives, man. Of course Fly still can't tell that Trump lies every time he opens his mouth despite him lying every time he opens his mouth for 8 years, so maybe not the right person for the job here, but for the millionth time, Biden knows what he's saying. He's just old as fuck, with a speech impediment, and getting slower. Still built a team that got an incredible amount of shit done.

That, and her voice is just nails on a chalkboard.

“What has been, not what will be” or whatever she’s said a million times is pretty funny too
She is fucking terrible. She was used as the second fiddle to grab women and black votes, but she's not getting male and white votes, so they can run with her at their own risk, but she's a surefire loser. I can't even imagine having to listen to her for four years.

Most of your system is fwiw. The electoral college as an institution does nothing of use and is a major failure point in the system. So many of the US' structural weaknesses today are born out of compromises that got made to cobble the whole thing together in the 1700's.
It’s my understanding - possible benefit is so that the entire country isn’t just ruled by the population of a few cities.

Ehhhh, I don't think he's near as bad as you guys are acting. He's dog walked the Republicans strategically over the last 24 months. Got just about everything he wanted done. You guys are confusing politics as a performance art and cognitive ability as the same thing. They're not.
That’s not saying much tbh. The Republican “leaders” in Congress are weak as fuck

The fact that the didn’t have a succession plan in 2020 is crazy. What did they expect to happen?

My bet is that internal politics happened. They figured Newsom would beat Kamala is a contested nomination, they're worried about losing a chunk of the black vote if it looked like the Democrats pushed aside a Black VP to run someone who looks like a white President straight out of central casting. Kamala figured it was her turn, and Joe said fuck it I'll do it again you're all shit.

These fucking narratives, man. Of course Fly still can't tell that Trump lies every time he opens his mouth despite him lying every time he opens his mouth for 8 years, so maybe not the right person for the job here, but for the millionth time, Biden knows what he's saying. He's just old as fuck, with a speech impediment, and getting slower. Still built a team that got an incredible amount of shit done.
Man this is some Orwellian shit. I’m going to trust my eyes and ears from watching and listening to Biden for years.

Has "he" done anything? Give me a break if you're selling that this is the guy making all the big decisions back there. He has to be the most reliant on his staff than any other President in recent history (Trump doesn't even qualify in that competition because he doesn't listen to fucking anyone anyway).

So, his presiding over another Dem controlled exec branch would be purely for show, and he's not exactly the best lead for the greatest showman role going forward.

That’s not saying much tbh. The Republican “leaders” in Congress are weak as fuck

It is what it is. Bottom line is that Joe worked the whole gang of them. If his cognition is as broken as the lot of you are claiming it is, you might want to clear the decks and start over with a much, much smarter set of representatives.

Has "he" done anything? Give me a break if you're selling that this is the guy making all the big decisions back there. He has to be the most reliant on his staff than any other President in recent history (Trump doesn't even qualify in that competition because he doesn't listen to fucking anyone anyway).

So, his presiding over another Dem controlled exec branch would be purely for show, and he's not exactly the best lead for the greatest showman role going forward.

It sure seems like he's the one doing things when the rest of the party has been trying to push him around the last few weeks.

I have to imagine the intel agencies have played him like a fiddle. Like they did with Trump.

The best leaders in all walks of life surround themselves with people smarter than them and let them take the lead on things that they specialize in.

Part of the fear with Trump is that he does not do that. At all.

My bet is that internal politics happened. They figured Newsom would beat Kamala is a contested nomination, they're worried about losing a chunk of the black vote if it looked like the Democrats pushed aside a Black VP to run someone who looks like a white President straight out of central casting. Kamala figured it was her turn, and Joe said fuck it I'll do it again you're all shit.
Yup, that's a major issue for them and probably a big reason behind the paralysis.

It is what it is. Bottom line is that Joe worked the whole gang of them. If his cognition is as broken as the lot of you are claiming it is, you might want to clear the decks and start over with a much, much smarter set of representatives.
I haven’t vote for the incumbent Republican in my state the last couple of votes. Didn’t even vote for Kemp in the governor race.

Back