• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It sure seems like he's the one doing things when the rest of the party has been trying to push him around the last few weeks.
If just telling people he wants to be President again during normal business hours is doing things, I agree he's been doing that on his own.

The best leaders in all walks of life surround themselves with people smarter than them and let them take the lead on things that they specialize in.

Part of the fear with Trump is that he does not do that. At all.
At least he fires them if he thinks they sucked.

Still waiting on this secret service moron to step down or be fired. DEI SS embarrassed them all.

The best leaders in all walks of life surround themselves with people smarter than them and let them take the lead on things that they specialize in.

Part of the fear with Trump is that he does not do that. At all.
That's not fear, that's fact.

But the leaders who surround themselves with smarter people still need to be capable of then properly absorbing and evaluating their opinions and advice, and then capably overseeing execution. This man thinks he beat Medicare.

But the leaders who surround themselves with smarter people still need to be capable of then properly absorbing and evaluating it, and then capably overseeing execution. This man thinks he beat Medicare.

I've never understood why people are so obsessed with sound bites.

Man this is some Orwellian shit. I’m going to trust my eyes and ears from watching and listening to Biden for years.
You don't know what Orwellian means, either. Look, if you want to say that his speaking and thinking is slower and that's a sign of cognitive decline, okay, that's true, because the man is 81 years old. He often stumbles over his words, largely because he has a stutter. But you're acting like he's got dementia, and that is simply not the case.

To not give him credit for passing more significant legislation than any potus in generations, and building the best economy in the world at the same time, in the face of a gop party that refuses to cooperate in any way, is just dumb,.
You have to give him credit, but I think that credit is more fairly given in the earlier years of his term, or if you want, go ahead and credit him for the full term.

But I don't think this guy is going to be doing anything close to running the show if he gets a second term. Fair is fair.

But the leaders who surround themselves with smarter people still need to be capable of then properly absorbing and evaluating their opinions and advice, and then capably overseeing execution. This man thinks he beat Medicare.
I mean I don't think he's in any state to be president anymore either. Don't get me wrong. But he clearly built a solid team around him and it has been a well oiled machine since he took office, better than any president in my lifetime. He deserves some credit for that.

Tbh I hate identity politics. The advent of that has been so negative.

Identity politics is all the right does, for the record. they don't have any actual policies they care about.

The man knows that he managed to drastically reduce the cost of drugs for everyone on Medicare. A real, amazing accomplishment drastically improving the quality of millions of americans' lives.

But yes he did misspeak at the debate.

I mean I don't think he's in any state to be president anymore either. Don't get me wrong. But he clearly built a solid team around him and it has been a well oiled machine since he took office, better than any president in my lifetime. He deserves some credit for that.
Yeah, like I said, I'm not taking away anything he did in the last 4 years. But for another 4 years, you can't trust his judgment any more than you could trust Harold Ballard and his team of advisors of Yolanda Ballard and her psychic.

You don't know what Orwellian means, either. Look, if you want to say that his speaking and thinking is slower and that's a sign of cognitive decline, okay, that's true, because the man is 81 years old. He often stumbles over his words, largely because he has a stutter. But you're acting like he's got dementia, and that is simply not the case.
Read 1984 quite a while ago. I understand it.

He also physically stumbles and falls down more than a few times. He requires an arm to guide him and keep him steady. He needs directions to figure out how to get off stage very frequently. He gives blank stares where nobody is home. It’s all been there on display for the world for atleast the last year+

Who are you referencing? Which one?

The head of the USSS. The right wing has been calling her a DEI hire since the incident.

As for any agents on the scene, all that shit gets figured out in review. Call me when there's a similar breakdown on all of the agents there and not just the female ones.

None of this works, or is supposed to work the way you want it to. You investigate first, you come to conclusions about causation, you generate actionable correction actions, and you initiate your corrections. Some of those corrections will be policy based (changes to training programs, SOA, etc), some will be personnel based. Ranting about DEI hiring before there is an investigation produced is dumb and just gives away your game. Stop this dumb shit. Be better.

Identity politics is all the right does, for the record. they don't have any actual policies they care about.

The man knows that he managed to drastically reduce the cost of drugs for everyone on Medicare. A real, amazing accomplishment drastically improving the quality of millions of americans' lives.

But yes he did misspeak at the debate.
And misspeak yesterday saying he’s reduce rent $55, not the 5% he was supposed to say. He can’t even read the teleprompter anymore

Back