• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

The head of the USSS. The right wing has been calling her a DEI hire since the incident.

As for any agents on the scene, all that shit gets figured out in review. Call me when there's a similar breakdown on all of the agents there and not just the female ones.

None of this works, or is supposed to work the way you want it to. You investigate first, you come to conclusions about causation, you generate actionable correction actions, and you initiate your corrections. Some of those corrections will be policy based (changes to training programs, SOA, etc), some will be personnel based. Ranting about DEI hiring before there is an investigation produced is dumb and just gives away your game. Stop this dumb shit. Be better.
Agree to disagree. The layman can accurately spot incompetence and fuckups without all the details of why.

At the end of the day, if you're going to point to the team of advisors he surrounds himself with, you have to also acknowledge that maybe they got those results specifically because he was in the proper mental state to manage them.

If he's not, there may be substantial doubt as to whether he can achieve the same results in a second term. There must be a ton of managing personalities, keeping certain voices down, amplifying other voices, etc., to create the proper mix of circumstances that allow the best decisions to emerge from the process. If he doesn't know what's up, can't function past 8 pm, has memory problems, and so on, really poor decision making could become common as the filtration efforts fail to keep the bad shit out of the results.

More than just them.

My grandfather had a friend who ran a men's formalwear business out of his office building in NY back in the day. He would go in there and buy suits and shoes and belts and ties, all imported from Italy. He paid in the beginning, but then started to build up a tab, and what's the guy supposed to do, bring a lawsuit against his own landlord for stiffing him on the bills? In the end, Donald never paid up, and worse, he went and found the guy's distributor and opened up a competing store in the building with the same products, undercutting the guy and putting him out of business. I'm foggy on all the details, but that was the gist of it.

More than just them.

My grandfather had a friend who ran a men's formalwear business out of his office building in NY back in the day. He would go in there and buy suits and shoes and belts and ties, all imported from Italy. He paid in the beginning, but then started to build up a tab, and what's the guy supposed to do, bring a lawsuit against his own landlord for stiffing him on the bills? In the end, Donald never paid up, and worse, he went and found the guy's distributor and opened up a competing store in the building with the same products, undercutting the guy and putting him out of business. I'm foggy on all the details, but that was the gist of it.

Has got my vote!

Back