• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

View: https://x.com/iapolls2022/status/1813966794316820622?s=46&t=moEoHBmqH0l4NE3F_49J3Q

Just as an example - this poll is Insider Advantage which means nothing to anyone really.

You could just take this with no additional context but if you dig in a little more you realize it’s run by Matt Towery. Matt Towery is a former GOP state rep who encouraged Trump to run in 2016 starting way back in 2014. That seems like good information to know but it just gets added into the polling averages.

That’s just the first one I looked at on Twitter

the presumed 'flooding the zone' strategy appears to currently be highly fucking effective.

I’ve done this for every one and also some dives into the pollsters themselves. Some are directly linked to Trump PACs.

Ditto reading through court docs myself.

Super curious if we still see historic shifts in black voter crosstabs with a black woman as the candidate. Will probably be a sign they’re sorta fucked.

Yup. Every poll now I check pollster rating on 538, hit their website and look at their principals and google said principals quickly, and then dig into the poll.

They're a public opinion shaping operation at this point, not an accurate forecast of public sentiment. As is tradition, the GOP decided to weaponize an "institution" that the democrats wouldn't dream of being corrupted.

View: https://x.com/iapolls2022/status/1813966794316820622?s=46&t=moEoHBmqH0l4NE3F_49J3Q

Just as an example - this poll is Insider Advantage which means nothing to anyone really.

You could just take this with no additional context but if you dig in a little more you realize it’s run by Matt Towery. Matt Towery is a former GOP state rep who encouraged Trump to run in 2016 starting way back in 2014. That seems like good information to know but it just gets added into the polling averages.

That’s just the first one I looked at on Twitter

and the only people really pushing back are relative unknowns like Boozy, Lichtman, Chip50, etc.

Yup. Every poll now I check pollster rating on 538, hit their website and look at their principals and google said principals quickly, and then dig into the poll.

They're a public opinion shaping operation at this point, not an accurate forecast of public sentiment. As is tradition, the GOP decided to weaponize an "institution" that the democrats wouldn't dream of being corrupted.
If you're to be believed, what is the advantage of them doing so?

rick-james-american-singer.gif

The intent of the polling right now is to shape public opinion, not report it.

What is the advantage of that? Hillary had crazy poll numbers, did that help her?

Which feeds this “vibes are trending towards Trump” which itself reinforces the narrative as people gravitate towards the winning side

and it's fucking working, like a charm.

I don’t understand how they can just unilaterally decide who their candidate is? In a democracy don’t you need the people to tell you who they want to represent them in the party? Isn’t that the point of primaries?
There's rules for death and sickness.

Or a zombie

Which feeds this “vibes are trending towards Trump” which itself reinforces the narrative as people gravitate towards the winning side
How did that work for Hillary?

Is there data to support that this psychological connection between polls and people's voting habits and the self-fulfillment of the polling?

Back