• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Dude got shot at. Whether he was hit with a bullet or debris… or has to wear a fake oversized bandage because he doesn’t have the balls to admit he has feeling… who cares? Someone got real close to assassinating him. I don’t think “he wasn’t shot that bad” is a worthwhile election argument.

Dude got shot at. Whether he was hit with a bullet or debris… or has to wear a fake oversized bandage because he doesn’t have the balls to admit he has feeling… who cares? Someone got real close to assassinating him. I don’t think “he wasn’t shot that bad” is a worthwhile election argument.

There is value in at least making noise about holding him to the same transparency norms that is expected of others though. The nature of the injury is secondary to that imo.

This is more of that whole thing about you not knowing how things work.

There is a 30 mile no fly zone around the President at all times with allowances made for established flight paths to and from airports. There is no such no fly zone around presidential candidates.

Don Jr tried to fly a drone around his father while he was president...which is illegal and he was stopped.

This kid flew a drone over a field with no airpsace restrictions...which is obviously a bit concerning, but wasn't illegal.

Nah. Not value for me at least IMO it devalues legit Trump insanities because discredits the Dems by showing they have to criticize him on literally anything. Even. A 100% legit, close call assassination attempt.

Yup. Bring attention away from the assassination attempt, not toward it. It was the most badass thing Trump has ever done. And Dems bitching about it nonstop is brutal optics. Just horrendous.

Civil War update: Clintons have joined Team Biden

n1M8PfK.png

This is more of that whole thing about you not knowing how things work.

There is a 30 mile no fly zone around the President at all times with allowances made for established flight paths to and from airports. There is no such no fly zone around presidential candidates.

Don Jr tried to fly a drone around his father while he was president...which is illegal and he was stopped.

This kid flew a drone over a field with no airpsace restrictions...which is obviously a bit concerning, but wasn't illegal.

Also, it's illegal to fly a drone at MAL anyway without authorization. It's adjacent to the Palm Beach Internation Airport exclusion zone. It's unlikely Jr has his part 107 license to even be able to request authorization.

1721496255747.png

Nah. Not value for me at least IMO it devalues legit Trump insanities because discredits the Dems by showing they have to criticize him on literally anything. Even. A 100% legit, close call assassination attempt.
this misses the main thrust of the objection though. no one is disputing that there was an assassination attempt, or that he was shot at, or I don't think even that he was in close proximity to bullets.

but reporters taking the convicted felon, rapist, likely narcissistic sociopath at his word is just absurd and if they're already getting rolled like this when he's a candidate, doesn't bode well for what's to come either.

that, and don't the voters deserve to hear from a medical professional whether allegedly having an AR bullet inches from the dude's brain has at all impacted his health. if he has some sort of injury or condition from the shooting the voters should know. likewise if not.

Why would you even reply to that guy.

The way that his entire grouping questions events is kind of dangerous. Not that questioning events in of itself is dangerous, but how simplistic their assumptions of the world are while doing it, is. None of his thoughts and questions are actually original, they're all generated by the right wing information echosystem he inhabits. In their world there's no such thing as expertise, there's no such thing as rules. Every little thread they can pull at to unravel people's faith in society and it's institutions get pulled at and it all ends with a polticial and societal nihilism that authoritarians thrive in (this is literally the Kremlin book on how to create a passive and apolitical populace fwiw and has been for decades, inB4 'lolz russia hoax').

The only way to deal with that imo is combatting it directly with accurate information. There are a lot of people susceptible to their mode of "thought" but what is bullshit has to be called out as bullshit. Do I expect to change his mind? No, not a fucking chance. But I answer shit like that so that someone else reading it here (our lurkers are a much bigger group than our posters) who see one of his questions and think it makes sense, get the issue answered with relevant and accurate information and isn't persuaded by shitty open ended questions with an inferred conspiratorial answer.

Back