• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Think of the opportunity cost involved in the last 3 weeks of democrat Chaos. Early polling showed major concern about Project 2025....imagine a 3 fucking week full court press of unified messaging from Democrats on that.

Exactly… Dems need a leader.

For me it just seems like the dems got caught napping and procrastinated on something that should have been planned years ago (as usual with them). Now as much as theyre panicking, they're stuck with Kamala or Joe imo. I just can't see it any other way in any reasonable reality. You can't start studying the night before your exam!
Joe's refusal to drop out two weeks ago and statement that his youthful exuberant self will continue on the campaign trail this week is kinda fucking everything up for his Dem detractors. If he'd dropped out after the debate, there was time to organize and do something. His refusal and likely intent to drag for weeks more pretty much seals it that they can't roll out with anyone else when the incumbent is opposing their efforts.

Funny thing is, I think the polls are all bullshit anyway, and I'm starting to get the hunch that if he does stick around, he'll surprise and beat Trumpy, the same way that Trumpy sort of surprised in 2016. It doesn't really feel like some late Newsom-type run is in the cards. It's probably just gonna be Joe by default, and maybe he'll pull it off.

That said, someone was saying on CNN last night that an open convention where all the wannabes go up against each other would bring a level of intrigue and excitement that could carry over into whoever walks away with the nomination when the dust settles. And that rings true. It would take Trumpy out of the spotlight for weeks and put the focus solely on the Dems and who will win out. Just not looking like Joe will step aside to allow it. Scriptwriter may kill off Joe in a cliffhanger in order to bring in the new cast though...

No, they can't. But we can infer that if him having what looked like a fucking aneurysm at the debate didn't actually move the needle, that other muffins were unlikely to as well. Is there a breaking point where enough muffins finally saw a bleed of support? Maybe. Do we know where such a line exists? No.

You’re hoping he had a “bad day” that will soon be forgotten.

I have 0% faith in that

polls can’t predict the Xpected muffins Biden will offer in the months ahead as more onlookers start to tune in
Not gonna lie, there promises to be a shit ton of entertaining to hilarious stuff that's going to happen between now and November as the world continues downward on its death spiral, so IG will be a goldmine.

For the record, this isn't Joe being old. He was old in 2020. This is a man dying on national television every single day. And the public is not blind to this. They don't need the media to tell them that this is happening. It's obvious.

It frightens me that we're relying on him in the home stretch. And I think many smart folks are on the same page.

For the record, this isn't Joe being old. He was old in 2020. This is a man dying on national television every single day. And the public is not blind to this. They don't need the media to tell them that this is happening. It's obvious.

It frightens me that we're relying on him in the home stretch. And I think many smart folks are on the same page.

Then replace him with Kamala, name a battleground gov as running mate and let's go.

There are two functioning options, that's 1 of the 2.

This is not what's being pushed by Democrat donors though.

Not gonna lie, there promises to be a shit ton of entertaining to hilarious stuff that's going to happen between now and November as the world continues downward on its death spiral, so IG will be a goldmine.
Tbh it's heartbreaking to watch. I laughed harder at Mitch McConnell almost dying on tv because he's a piece of shit. But laughter is important so I do try to laugh at Joey from time to time! What's life without a little laughter?!?!

I don’t care that his stock is holding up for now. I care more about the months ahead.

I perceive a ton of downside risk and almost zero upside

The upside is that a bag of really smart data folks were pretty sure he was winning as of a few weeks ago and could still win. That's not zero upside.

Tbh it's heartbreaking to watch. I laughed harder at Mitch McConnell almost dying on tv because he's a piece of shit. But laughter is important so I do try to laugh at Joey from time to time! What's life without a little laughter?!?!
He's putting himself in the crosshairs. He knows he's half gone, but the ego demands he be a two term president.

The upside is that a bag of really smart data folks were pretty sure he was winning as of a few weeks ago and could still win. That's not zero upside.
The point is that there's a very real risk that he has peaked! His increased exposure to a demographic that hasn't yet followed any of this leading into the election will not help.

Reactions: CH1
The point is that there's a very real risk that he has peaked! His increased exposure to a demographic that hasn't yet followed any of this leading into the election will not help.

Cool, then replace him with Kamala and let's go. I'm not fundamentalist about Biden at the top of the ticket, but there are only 2 fucking choices. Make 1 of the 2 choices and let's fucking go.

“could still win” because his opponent is human garbage

I say give someone else that amazing opportunity

Cool, then replace him with Kamala and let's go. I'm not fundamentalist about Biden at the top of the ticket, but there are only 2 fucking choices. Make 1 of the 2 choices and let's fucking go.
If he doesn't cooperate, there's only one choice.

And it seems he's going to ride it out like that.

Really, if he hasn't dropped out by now, after all this pressure, after all the supporters he's lost, why would he do so later?

Back