• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Eh, Biden has been pretty on point with his spending. CHIPS act, inflation reduction act, etc. Washington is Washington, but you can get money where it needs to go if you actually try to.

@MindzEye

I get that you don’t want to roll the dice.

I agree that a year ago was the best time to start making changes. But the 2nd best time is tomorrow.

I get that you don’t want to roll the dice.

I agree that a year ago was the best time to start making changes. But the 2nd best time is tomorrow.

For an organized, unified group of career winners....sure

For an infighting clownshow that has been a consistent disappointment for 25 years whenever someone not named Obama or Biden was running the show? No. They're fucked. That we've been on this for 3 weeks already tells us all that we need to know about how this is going behind the scenes, and it's getting worse daily.

I don't doubt that they want to win. I just think they're the one class most okay with losing. Being a billionaire in Trump's america is still going to be pretty, pretty good and they know it. It's not the vision for the country most of them want, but for them it's Win-win. Capital W or lowercase, it's still a win. If it was just about winning the election, we wouldn't be hearing this talk of punting Harris along with Biden.
Wait till you see them burn down LA, NY, Chicago, etc. for a full week or two following the loss.

Ironically, on the whole, I think the Repubs are actually the ones most okay with losing, notwithstanding how rabid they are for Don Juan. There will be zero riots if Biden/Harris or Degeneres/Neil Patrick Harris or whoever they run out wins. Some hicks might storm the capital, but it will be a mini storming that won't spread to anywhere else in the country. Lite storm.

I think the Repubs are actually the ones most okay with losing,

Are you sure?

20220101_jan6_AP_21181859452825.jpg

For me it just seems like the dems got caught napping and procrastinated on something that should have been planned years ago (as usual with them). Now as much as theyre panicking, they're stuck with Kamala or Joe imo. I just can't see it any other way in any reasonable reality. You can't start studying the night before your exam!

As they should, can you name one thing Kamala has done to pump up her popularity stock during the last 4 years where she had ample time and opportunity to do so?

I personally think she is impressive, and I would hire her for a 1000 different positions, but salesperson ain’t one of them
That's because you don't understand that what isn't, cannot be, and what is, may well be, but what won't, isn't necessarily something that can't.

For an organized, unified group of career winners....sure

For an infighting clownshow that has been a consistent disappointment for 25 years whenever someone not named Obama or Biden was running the show? No. They're fucked. That we've been on this for 3 weeks already tells us all that we need to know about how this is going behind the scenes, and it's getting worse daily.

They would be fucked except that Trump being a garbage opponent gives them a chance

For me it just seems like the dems got caught napping and procrastinated on something that should have been planned years ago (as usual with them). Now as much as theyre panicking, they're stuck with Kamala or Joe imo. I just can't see it any other way in any reasonable reality. You can't start studying the night before your exam!

I'm not blind to the concern and issues with running Joe. But again, I look at the best data I've come across on this and the average voter hasn't shown themselves to be nearly as concerned about it as the chattering classes online are. Then we find out today that the big "voters are super concerned about Biden's age" data point was generated by a Trump pollster. Which doesn't mean that people don't have enough sense to realize that he's old AF, just that it doesn't change their voting intention nearly as much as some seem to want to suggest it should.

Far more damaging than the debate has been the last 3 weeks of trying to push Joe's wheelchair down a flight of steps publicly.

Think of the opportunity cost involved in the last 3 weeks of democrat Chaos. Early polling showed major concern about Project 2025....imagine a 3 fucking week full court press of unified messaging from Democrats on that.

A lot of really good data scientists think Biden has more than a chance already and always has.

polls can’t predict the Xpected muffins Biden will offer in the months ahead as more onlookers start to tune in

polls can’t predict the Xpected muffins Biden will offer in the months ahead as more onlookers start to tune in

No, they can't. But we can infer that if him having what looked like a fucking aneurysm at the debate didn't actually move the needle, that other muffins were unlikely to as well. Is there a breaking point where enough muffins finally saw a bleed of support? Maybe. Do we know where such a line exists? No.

If Biden could string a sentence together maybe he'd be able to communicate some of these Republican flaws. #unleashmayorpete

Back