• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

So they don’t care who wins? Unless Biden can somehow still win… then they care because they don’t want him to win?

I think you are simultaneously being reductive and overthinking this.

Most people who watched the debate (donors or otherwise) freaked the fuck out that night as they watched an old man trying very hard to stay in the ring with 4 months of fighting left in the match.

Most of the people telling Joe to stay in the fight are his immediate entourage who depend on him for their next paycheque or never say die hards who prefer to stay on sinking ships rather than risk changing course

So they don’t care who wins?

This isn't that hard to understand. Billionaires don't like taxes. Biden raised taxes on them. Replace Biden with whoever and those will magically go away in subsequent budgets. Trump's last set of tax cuts was almost entirely for the wealthy class. Hillary wouldn't be as bold about it, but I'd bet that the Biden tax structure would fade away.

Most people who watched the debate (donors or otherwise) freaked the fuck out that night as they watched an old man trying very hard to stay in the ring with 4 months of fighting left in the match.

Except as I showed with the Chip50 data, it didn't change actual voter intention among a repeating survey of 14 fucking 000 RV's. A far, far larger and more rigorous sample than any poll from that time period, and the only one we know of from that time period that asks the same sample if they've changed their mind and doesn't just recycle people and ask them new questions.

The people who freaked out were the media and donor classes. Not the voters.

Most of the people telling Joe to stay in the fight are his immediate entourage who depend on him for their next paycheque or never say die hards who prefer to stay on sinking ships rather than risk changing course

And the voters, until weeks of concerted effort started to impact their view of the race as well.

You're getting worked and you don't even see it mate.

View attachment 21316
The issue is, the problem isn't just going to be solved by bringing in more tax revenue from the rich.

Once that revenue comes in, I can basically guarantee that the morons in DC will figure out a way to squander it, waste it, loot the coffers for themselves.

Just like how exercise alone doesn't really help you lose a lot of weight. You have to stop filling your fat gluttonous piehole too. And I don't think US politicians' collective pieholes will ever be filled.

This isn't that hard to understand. Billionaires don't like taxes. Biden raised taxes on them. Replace Biden with whoever and those will magically go away in subsequent budgets. Trump's last set of tax cuts was almost entirely for the wealthy class. Hillary wouldn't be as bold about it, but I'd bet that the Biden tax structure would fade away.

Except as I showed with the Chip50 data, it didn't change actual voter intention among a repeating survey of 14 fucking 000 RV's. A far, far larger and more rigorous sample than any poll from that time period, and the only one we know of from that time period that asks the same sample if they've changed their mind and doesn't just recycle people and ask them new questions.

And the voters, until weeks of concerted effort started to impact their view of the race as well.

Again, no.

I’m not being worked by the recent headlines.

Check the receipts. Back in February, I wrote that Biden would have until August to step down should his age become too much of a campaign issue.

Again, no.

I’m not being worked by the recent headlines.

Check the receipts. Back in February, I wrote that Biden would have until August to step down should his age become too much of a campaign issue.
You and many others! It was a take that was only outlandish on forumice tbh. And tbh I found it outlandish too at the time but I mean, I have eyes. It's pretty obvious why people are freaking out. Sort of an unprecedented situation here. I don't need the media to tell me what I'm watching.

Reactions: CH1
The issue is, the problem isn't just going to be solved by bringing in more tax revenue from the rich.

Once that revenue comes in, I can basically guarantee that the morons in DC will figure out a way to squander it, waste it, loot the coffers for themselves.

Just like how exercise alone doesn't really help you lose a lot of weight. You have to stop filling your fat gluttonous piehole too. And I don't think US politicians' collective pieholes will ever be filled.

No, but it's a necessary aspect of solving the problem. Some of that money would make it's way out in useful program spending.

I don't know, this whole thing seems ill-advised but I doubt most of these people are deep-diving poll innards like you are. I think they freaked out at the debate, and then started freaking way the fuck out about the polling. There definitely are some craven, disgusting billionaires who jumped on the Trump Train because of tax cuts, but most on the Democrat side want to win. They just question whether Biden can do it, which is fair because of his age while simultaneously being absurd due to the ridiculous amount of weight put on one lousy debate performance.

The polling is all over the place, so I don't know what makes them so sure this is the right call. Really have to question what the media and polling companies are up to here, though. Dems gotta figure this out, and fucking soon.

@Preston

exactly… it wasn’t such a hot take back then!

But here, it’s still considered a bit crazy and must have a sinister financial motive behind it!!

But here, it’s still considered a bit crazy and must have a sinister financial motive behind it!!

I mean, AOC herself is saying that it's being driven by the donors and not by voter data anyone is presenting behind the scenes. That it's not just about Biden but about Biden-Harris, etc, etc.

but most on the Democrat side want to win.

I don't doubt that they want to win. I just think they're the one class most okay with losing. Being a billionaire in Trump's america is still going to be pretty, pretty good and they know it. It's not the vision for the country most of them want, but for them it's Win-win. Capital W or lowercase, it's still a win. If it was just about winning the election, we wouldn't be hearing this talk of punting Harris along with Biden.

It’s being driven by fear of “fuck, fuck, fuck we cannot fucking lose to Trump again… are we sure this 82 year old guy with one foot in the fucking grave is our best shot??!???”

It’s being driven by fear of “fuck, fuck, fuck we cannot fucking lose to Trump again… are we sure this 82 year old guy with one foot in the fucking grave our best shot??!???”

Except that's not what's being discussed behind the scenes according to AOC. They're talking about tossing the entire ticket.

Except that's not what's being discussed behind the scenes according to AOC. They're talking about tossing the entire ticket.

As they should, can you name one thing Kamala has done to pump up her popularity stock during the last 4 years where she had ample time and opportunity to do so?

I personally think she is impressive, and I would hire her for a 1000 different positions, but salesperson ain’t one of them

As they should, can you name one thing Kamala has done to pump up her popularity stock during the last 4 years where she had ample time and opportunity to do so?

I personally think she is impressive, and I would hire her for a 1000 different positions, but salesperson ain’t one of them

Then you're just giving away the Ohio deadline, and thus the possibility to hold the Senate.

AOC went into depth on the bucketload of problems that come with delaying this as well. Legal challenges from the GOP that end up in front of SCOTUS, not being on state level ballots crushing down ballot races, rallying voter groups that are very Biden loyal (unions, black women) and don't necessarily translate 1 to 1 for other candidates. This amount of time you think they have to do this just doesn't exist.

The time to do this (replacing the entire ticket) was the primaries. You could get away with swapping Biden now, right now and you'd have time to rally. But the entire fucking ticket? No.

Fwiw, the Ohio deadline is in 18 days.

If anyone other than Joe Biden is the nominee for President, and they're not named within 18 days, they're not on the Ohio ballots. DNC will sue to try to get on, GOP will challenge, it will go to Scotus and the DNC will lose. No presidential nom on the ticket and voter turnout craters, you lose what is currently a toss up senate race that is very probably the 51st GOP Senate Seat.

Fucking disaster waiting to happen.

Back