• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

For sure….but here I was deemed insane

I apologize for not having been here to defend you…..I’m kinda shocked to hear people thought Biden wasn’t going to step down.

Having said that…..it felt so logical/obvious to me, in the exact same way that it felt obvious to me Trump wouldn’t win in 16’….

All I've ever cared about is party unity and competency because it's necessary to win. They were successful in pushing Joe out the door, and they've done it in time to get their choice of ticket, now they had just be fucking right about it.

You’re softening… like butter in July

Well credit where credit is due, CH1 called it way back.

I hope to God he’s right a replacement stops Trump. Now get this replacement business over with and start actively spreading the message of what the consequences of another Trump term will be, please.

For sure….but here I was deemed insane
I mostly thought you were mad for thinking it will go smoothly and this actually gives the Dems a better chance to win. Haven’t changed my thinking on that at all. I think this is an historic blunder, and that even Biden’s corpse would have beaten Trump handily.

Great call on it actually happening though. Hope it pays off for you! 🤣

I apologize for not having been here to defend you…..I’m kinda shocked to hear people thought Biden wasn’t going to step down.

Having said that…..it felt so logical/obvious to me, in the exact same way that it felt obvious to me Trump wouldn’t win in 16’….

No lie. I could have used your common sense backing

absolutely.

I’d have absolutely wagered you’d have been on that side too……surprised to hear so many didn’t believe it.
I started really believing it about a month ago and started the discussion here about it. I was also deemed insane. So I eventually came around! I was just way later than ch1.

You’re softening… like butter in July

My arguments have always been around a central theme. When I defended Biden it was always about his ability to win. I was very clear that I felt he shouldn't be running for President. But that doing this at the last minute was fucking dangerous, and it is. I don't trust the Democrats to get this right with so little time on the clock to do so, and I think this is a bigger risk than a Biden-Harris ticket with the democrats fully supporting it this whole time.

Whatever the decision is, fine, but let's fucking go. We're running out of daylight here.

I do think they legit believed Biden would be up for the task (see: SOTU), but a few months can really hit you at that age.

Having the early debate maybe was a way to get a preview and have him exit before it's truly too late, true.

I guess the question now is logistics - do they need to rush a nominee before the Ohio deadline, or can they somehow end up with a contested convention floor?

ehhh...that's not what an insurrection is. Biden is stepping down as nominee. Under pressure yeah, but it's his choice. He could have decided to stay and no one had the power to stop him.

I don't love how this went down, and yeah I would have much rather seen this go through the primary system and had Newsom, Whitmer, Shapiro, etc actually run against him for delegates. But to call this an insurrection is hilarious.

Man, nice catch…..I missed this part completely.

I didn’t bet a penny on this (just FI street cred) but the debate timing was my ALL IN moment.

I’m sad Joe wasn’t able to leave with max dignity. After his disastrous debate night, I thought he could enjoy a little bounce (decent press conferences, etc) before exiting the stage head held high

But the last week got so noisy and weird

My arguments have always been around a central theme. When I defended Biden it was always about his ability to win. I was very clear that I felt he shouldn't be running for President. But that doing this at the last minute was fucking dangerous, and it is. I don't trust the Democrats to get this right with so little time on the clock to do so, and I think this is a bigger risk than a Biden-Harris ticket with the democrats fully supporting it this whole time.

Whatever the decision is, fine, but let's fucking go. We're running out of daylight here.

Gavin will mop the floor with Trump…..it’s gonna be glorious.

I didn’t bet a penny on this (just FI street cred) but the debate timing was my ALL IN moment.

I’m sad Joe wasn’t able to leave with max dignity. After his disastrous debate night, I thought he could enjoy a little bounce (decent press conferences, etc) before exiting the stage head held high

But the last week got so noisy and weird

The noise about Biden versus what he’s actually done in office is crazy.

I’m confident history will view him extremely favourably though, despite the horrible optics in real time.

If Kamala was any kind of candidate herself, they could have done a beautiful hand off by showering her in tons of credit along the way, so she got a rub from all of Joe’s great work…..but sounds like she’s a real dud.

Back