• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Having just got home a few minutes ago, I haven't checked twitter yet....I'm sure everything is normal on there, right?

giphy.gif

I don't disagree, but this was the wrong way to do it. If the party felt this strongly about it, you primary the 81 yr old President. This is democrat's perpetually self defeating ineptitude at work, make no mistake about it. They might manage to not fuck this up on the strength of how bad a candidate Trump really is, but they have fucked this up massively.

I’ve been very clear that the time to pull Biden was a year ago. But also, today was way better than never.

Harris probably loses Dems much of the union, suburban and (according to polls) female vote.

But she’ll definitely snap up all those people that didn’t realize Trump is demented because Biden was even older!

ehhh...that's not what an insurrection is. Biden is stepping down as nominee. Under pressure yeah, but it's his choice. He could have decided to stay and no one had the power to stop him.

I don't love how this went down, and yeah I would have much rather seen this go through the primary system and had Newsom, Whitmer, Shapiro, etc actually run against him for delegates. But to call this an insurrection is hilarious.

I'm sure this message resonates with maga though.

I don't think you can have that Ticket. Can you have 2 people from the same state on a Presidential Ticket?

I think it will be Harris-Shapiro. Think of all the sweet spots of shared risk!

Really, you can't bypass Harris or there goes all your Black Women support. Just stick with her and she can run on her Administrations record, which is GREAT!

Fwiw, just looking at the cold hard math of the election as we see it right now, Harris-Shapiro is my choice as well. Penn is 19 electoral votes and if 270towin is right (and it's probably the pessimists view right now, but a reasonable one), securing Penn with Shapiro makes this more or less a dead heat as of right now, with the Democrats as vulnerable as they're likely to get between now and November.

1721588259064.png

Locking down PA makes the race about Michigan, Wisconsin, & Arizona and you don't need to flip hold Georgia to win.

ehhh...that's not what an insurrection is. Biden is stepping down as nominee. Under pressure yeah, but it's his choice. He could have decided to stay and no one had the power to stop him.

I don't love how this went down, and yeah I would have much rather seen this go through the primary system and had Newsom, Whitmer, Shapiro, etc actually run against him for delegates. But to call this an insurrection is hilarious.
A coup against a democratically elected presidential candidate. It’s more organized a systematic of their disdain for the voters. It’s worse than any “insurrection”.

They would’ve continued to leak crap to destroy the man and his family if he didn’t step down.

Did they vote for her on the Biden ticket? If Biden died won't she have taken his place? Isn't the Democracy?

#fail

Anyways, keep your head held high because you support an Insurrectionist, Pedo, old-as-hell-losing-his-mind, diaper wearing Nominee.
She has never received a single primary vote. Ever.

A coup against a democratically elected presidential candidate.

This doesn't meet the definition of a coup either legislatively or obviously militarily. Not even close. A hilarious misuse of the word.

It’s more organized a systematic of their disdain for the voters.

That's between them and their voters though. If they're that dissatisfied, there is another party available for them to vote for in November.

It’s worse than any “insurrection”.

Pure bullshit. Again, and very fundamentally important, President Biden has excused himself from the ballot. The party lost confidence in him, made it public (which again, I disagree with as I've argued on here over the last few weeks) and Biden decided his position was untenable in the end and it was best to step aside. A coup or an insurrection doesn't ask for approval. The democrats asked Biden to step down, even vigorously suggested that he step down. But they had no actual power to force him to. Settle down with this shit.

Back