• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

It's kinda hilarious as we view this from Canada where this happens all the time. Provincially it happened a few years ago with Kenney not being wacko enough for for the cons in AB. Of course Martin forcing out Jean federally.

Yeah. For us, voting for party before leader is normal because we don't directly vote for the leader.

Harris is both the best and only option at this stage. It always had to be her.

Only chance at giving the anyone but Biden/"any younger democrat" camp a win, while hanging on to the biggest portion of the Biden coalition possible. As much as I like Newsom as a generic candidate in any presidential election, he might not have been the right play to airdrop into the middle of this.

It's bold. Cooper needs to bring them NC though because if he doesn't, and they lose PA and could have secured it by bringing in Shapiro...well fuck, that could be the game.
This is where the upside bit that ch1 is talking about comes into play. If you play it right, the right vp pick can win you a state. You weren't getting that boost with Biden.

Yeah, I get that. I just disagreed that Biden needed "upside". Holding serve would have been plenty to win again, he didn't need to break new ground.

But whatev. What's done is done.

Biden could barely hold on to a tennis racket at this point

Back