• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

There’s no way of knowing what really was going behind all that conflicting noise.

One possibility is the delay was about Joe lining up as much support for Kamala that he could negotiate before he officially bowed out
I’m sure you don’t believe that. He was publicly adamant about how he’s “not going anywhere” - there’s no way that was all a front while he paved a path for Harris to step in.

The news all night on CNN Friday was that he was “seething” over what he considered betrayals by the likes of Obama, Pelosi, and others - and he still said he’d be back at it on Monday.

They brought out the big guns against him yesterday. Who knows what form that took though.

There was definitely coordinated endorsements, that doesn't happen overnight. I mean, I'm sure a lot of that could have been lined up in a "in csee he does". I wonder if the latest sickness did him in, in terms of not wanting another covid bout as a worry down the stretch.

If the Dems can coronation Harris without any contention, that will go a long way to avoiding any big dip in the polls from this. The US is still racist and sexist so it's not a guarantee, but I think she will run circles around Trump no matter how boring she might be.

I’m sure you don’t believe that. He was publicly adamant about how he’s “not going anywhere” - there’s no way that was all a front while he paved a path for Harris to step in.

The news all night on CNN Friday was that he was “seething” over what he considered betrayals by the likes of Obama, Pelosi, and others - and he still said he’d be back at it on Monday.

They brought out the big guns against him yesterday. Who knows what form that took though.

I do believe it… which is no less crazy than you believing a bunch of conflicting reports being leaked for your personal enlightenment

I stayed consistent on what the outcome would be

Oh yeah vote for the lady who incarcerated blacks and anyone else for petty misdemeanors at historic levels in CA.

Real 4D chess you’re playing there

You should be happy bro. You beat the Biden Crime family after years of trying.

we-got-him-john-oliver-lp1u784jvfdi95uy.gif

She has to make it a referendum on Trump.
I think if I’m advising her, I’d tell her not to respond at all to his jabs. Let him burn himself down. And guys like him get frustrated and lose their shit when people ignore and don’t engage. Every Dem voter already knows exactly who Trump is. Heck, he reminds them himself constantly. She doesn’t need to say much about that. Run a clean campaign, focus on how you’ll make the country better - speak to the people who specifically care about abortion, guns, immigration and persuade them you’ll be taking care of them. That’s all it should take for the right candidate.

But I don’t think she can win whether she plays clean or dirty. And while it seems impossible at the moment, I don’t think she’ll actually be the nominee. If she is, it’s a loss. I think the Dems doners must know that.

There was definitely coordinated endorsements, that doesn't happen overnight. I mean, I'm sure a lot of that could have been lined up in a "in csee he does". I wonder if the latest sickness did him in, in terms of not wanting another covid bout as a worry down the stretch.

If the Dems can coronation Harris without any contention, that will go a long way to avoiding any big dip in the polls from this. The US is still racist and sexist so it's not a guarantee, but I think she will run circles around Trump no matter how boring she might be.
If only she was just boring. She’s way worse. She’s super fucking annoying.

I think if I’m advising her, I’d tell her not to respond at all to his jabs. Let him burn himself down. And guys like him get frustrated and lose their shit when people ignore and don’t engage. Every Dem voter already knows exactly who Trump is. Heck, he reminds them himself constantly. She doesn’t need to say much about that. Run a clean campaign, focus on how you’ll make the country better - speak to the people who specifically care about abortion, guns, immigration and persuade them you’ll be taking care of them. That’s all it should take for the right candidate.

But I don’t think she can win whether she plays clean or dirty. And while it seems impossible at the moment, I don’t think she’ll actually be the nominee. If she is, it’s a loss. I think the Dems doners must know that.

Chew gum and walk at the same time. Present some major policy planks that are an extension of the Biden legislative plan to calm the Biden Coaltion. More pro union stuff, more infrastructure, etc. "Run" on that. But also actively shine a light on Project 2025 and who Trump is. This is where using the entire infrastructure of the party is important. Biden can stump with a national presence. Newsom can stump with a national presence, whoever your VP is can split his time between securing his state and building a national presence.

It can't all be cynical, but it can't just be "take the higher road" shit either.

I agree that she has to stay focused on the issues and Dems have to not let themselves get dragged into the mud. Constantly contrast the danger to democracy, to NATO, to women’s health, etc to the Dems plan.

I do believe it… which is no less crazy than you believing a bunch of conflicting reports being leaked for your personal enlightenment

I stayed consistent on what the outcome would be
If you want consistency, the reports were the model of consistency. Every single connected person was saying he was under intense pressure to go. How many Dem congressmen and governors and others publicly called for him to go. And he was still publicly telling them to fuck off. So we should have a basis to think they were pressuring for no reason and he was pretending to continue his campaign?

I was with you all the way till yesterday when Joe pump faked me and started to make me think he wouldn’t go. The old man still has some moves.

I just find her super annoying for some reason! It would be a total disaster for reasons I can’t seem to name at all!

Very prepared to hear that a lot.

But what if the Russians do something and her vagina is bleeding at the time, do you really want to take that risk she'll start a nuclear war?

I just find her super annoying for some reason! It would be a total disaster for reasons I can’t seem to name at all!

Very prepared to hear that a lot.
Only I find that? She’s an ignoramus who heh heh’s her way out of actually answering questions or saying anything of substance. A bag of hot air that the Dems would be wise to pop before it gets too late.

Back