• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I hope he pardons Hunter.

It's honestly the one thing he shouldn't do. Hunter's charges are fuck all, if he has to spend a few months in adult day camp, let him.

Should be balls to the wall on popular, important shit. Protecting women's reproductive rights, infrastructure, economic development, aid for Ukraine & Taiwan. All the big items kicking around at the moment.

It's honestly the one thing he shouldn't do. Hunter's charges are fuck all, if he has to spend a few months in adult day camp, let him.

Should be balls to the wall on popular, important shit. Protecting women's reproductive rights, infrastructure, economic development, aid for Ukraine & Taiwan. All the big items kicking around at the moment.
SCOTUS reform?

SCOTUS reform?

That's tough....

I think that's something you want to campaign on, that you want to get a mandate on. It's the right thing to do, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do politically right now. Anything Biden does that gets messy, will splash on Kamala. I generally hate governing by poll numbers, but I think your solution needs to poll pretty well to look like you're fighting with the GOP and SCOTUS all at the same time. Because the media are going to howl about an "assault on our institutions" etc. I think the Dems need to be narrative aware down the stretch here and stay mostly focused.

Well...decades is a strong word. Menopause is generally 50-55ish when it sets in.

But to the...meat...of the issue. Do republican voters know this? There have been a whole of of "female President" jokes over the years that have basically been riffs on women having a period.
Nah, just say that she is on the "good" hormones. Problem solved.

That's tough....

I think that's something you want to campaign on, that you want to get a mandate on. It's the right thing to do, but I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do politically right now. Anything Biden does that gets messy, will splash on Kamala. I generally hate governing by poll numbers, but I think your solution needs to poll pretty well to look like you're fighting with the GOP and SCOTUS all at the same time. Because the media are going to howl about an "assault on our institutions" etc. I think the Dems need to be narrative aware down the stretch here and stay mostly focused.
This is where I fall as well. Even though it's not, it could play as "undermining the constitution" or whatever. Given they're the party on the side of democracy I could see it best being left as a carrot.

Back