• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

A couple of things.

The primaries aren't required by the constitution. They don't operate in a uniform manner across states. The two parties don't operate their primaries under some sort of uniform democratic process. Closed primaries, open primaries, majority systems, plurality systems. It's all over the place. In the end, as long as delegates are pledged according to the appropriate state laws and party rules, any hard feelings about the process is between the Democrats and their voters.
So you agree the oligarchs should determine who the two main candidates are that the common people can choose between?

MAH DEMOCRACYY REEEE

How many feds are in the crowd stirring shit up?

Oh the FBI won’t answer, so we’ll never know
They literally went to court, were found guilty by their peers, their families and neighbours and coworkers turned them in, their texts and all the evidence is in the court documents. It’s all publicly available. They’re MAGA, they went there for their cult leader.

They literally went to court, were found guilty by their peers, their families and neighbours and coworkers turned them in, their texts and all the evidence is in the court documents. It’s all publicly available. They’re MAGA, they went there for their cult leader.
Bless your heart

Lof Kamala takes are gonna be worth the price of admission
Disaster if they actually go with her. They have to give it to Newsom. He’s a smarmy two-faced guy, but he does fit the bill and would likely get voters out there. Trump will smash Harris.

They should’ve stuck with Joe if this was the alternative, which makes me think it’s not and they’ll push her aside as they must.

So you agree the oligarchs should determine who the two main candidates are that the common people can choose between?

MAH DEMOCRACYY REEEE

The fuck are you on about? One half of the ticket has stepped down and it looks super likely that the other half of the ticket is stepping up. VP's have always been chosen by internal party process, not elected. There is no VP on the fucking primary ballot, and is often chose from one of the losers in the primary.

This is a super weird take on: The President is stepping down and the Vice President (you know, the highest ranking Democrat in the government aside from the President) is running instead. That's literally the natural, democratic progression here.

Should they have primaried Biden earlier? If they're looking at air dropping in a new candidate other than Harris....yeah. But to suggest that Harris should have primaried her President is nuts. Biden is stepping down, by choice. This is what that looks like.

even without my dream mini-convention I am so ecstatic for reasons previously stated

— With Biden gone, so is the risk of more catastrophic dementia moments that would have been harder and harder to overcome the closer we got to Election Day

— Trump is human garbage. While it’s a super easy case to make, an inarticulate Biden had a hard time landing that punch. People naturally focus on the messenger’s own deficiencies when their delivery seems off.

I’m not sure Kamala is ideal but one thing going for her is that as a prosecutor, she will have no problem casting Trump as a despicable criminal

You said just a day or two ago that he won't drop out. Stop trying to steal his well earned dibs. The rule of FI is to hold one opinion and never waiver even in the face of new contradictory facts.
Literally yesterday, after Joe dragged for so long and said he was going back to campaigning tomorrow, it looked like he’d withstood the pressure and was going to burn time until it got impossible to replace him. I don’t know what they did to him over the weekend to make him bail, but this is for sure not hero Joe stepping aside. This is disgruntled Joe being coerced out under major duress.

Literally yesterday, after Joe dragged for so long and said he was going back to campaigning tomorrow, it looked like he’d withstood the pressure and was going to burn time until it got impossible to replace him. I don’t know what they did to him over the weekend to make him bail, but this is for sure not hero Joe stepping aside. This is disgruntled Joe being coerced out under major duress.

There’s no way of knowing what really was going behind all that conflicting noise.

One possibility is the delay was about Joe lining up as much support for Kamala that he could negotiate before he officially bowed out

There’s no way of knowing what really was going behind all that conflicting noise.

One possibility is the delay was about Joe lining up as much support for Kamala that he could negotiate before he officially bowed out
The transition is critical and I'm praying to jeebus they had their ducks in a row before this announcement.

even without my dream mini-convention I am so ecstatic for reasons previously stated

— With Biden gone, so is the risk of more catastrophic dementia moments that would have been harder and harder to overcome the closer we got to Election Day

— Trump is human garbage. While it’s a super easy case to make, an inarticulate Biden had a hard time landing that punch. People naturally focus on the messenger’s own deficiencies when their delivery seems off.

I’m not sure Kamala is ideal but one thing going for her is that as a prosecutor, she will have no problem casting Trump as a despicable criminal
She’s so unlikeable that it won’t matter. We’ve also seen what she’s like when she has to speak without a script - lots of bullshit greased over with obnoxious fake laughing when there’s nothing funny being said. If she’s even the nominee, I expect her to come out strong and jousting with Trump, but I don’t think it’s going to go well. I’m just imagining her dealing with the Israel stuff or trying to handle Putin and I get seriously squeamish.

She’s so unlikeable that it won’t matter. We’ve also seen what she’s like when she has to speak without a script - lots of bullshit greased over with obnoxious fake laughing when there’s nothing funny being said. If she’s even the nominee, I expect her to come out strong and jousting with Trump, but I don’t think it’s going to go well. I’m just imagining her dealing with the Israel stuff or trying to handle Putin and I get seriously squeamish.

She has to make it a referendum on Trump.

Back