• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Betting lines still giving Michelle Obama a ~10% shot :ROFLMAO:

They're saying it's basically either her or Kamala.. with a 7-9% chance for the field.

Pleasantly surprised at how quickly the Dems are all falling in line behind Kamala. I figured they’d burn through at least half the time left between now and the election on a bitter, bloody knife fight for the nomination.

Now having a straight-up coronation of Kamala isn’t ideal either and I worry about her viability as a candidate. But it’s by far the best of the available options at this point.

There’s no way of knowing what really was going behind all that conflicting noise.

One possibility is the delay was about Joe lining up as much support for Kamala that he could negotiate before he officially bowed out
I'm inclined to believe the bolded. He wasn't gonna bow out if it was gonna be a bloodbath to replace him.

I agree that she has to stay focused on the issues and Dems have to not let themselves get dragged into the mud. Constantly contrast the danger to democracy, to NATO, to women’s health, etc to the Dems plan.
just talk about women's health, actual freedoms (i.e. bodily autonomy), and preserving democracy. and not leaving NATO...

Well...decades is a strong word. Menopause is generally 50-55ish when it sets in.

But to the...meat...of the issue. Do republican voters know this? There have been a whole of of "female President" jokes over the years that have basically been riffs on women having a period.
it seems highly likely that the majority of dotard voters are entirely unfamiliar with female anatomy, biology, etc.

The thing about coronation talk is that there is really nothing at all stopping Newsom and others from getting the signatures and calling to state party chairs to get delegates to pledge them, is there? Like there is a process in place and no one’s challenging, and no one challenged him in the primaries.

And delegates pledging to Kamala is actually what’s most true to the primary voting so I don’t really see any legitimacy to that argument.

Said it a few hours ago but the internal math really comes down to whether the Democrats think they can win PA without Shapiro on the ticket. If they're confident they can, then it's how ballsy they feel. Kelly is a safer play to lock down a closer Arizona race...but if you think you're going to win AZ without Kelly....Cooper to take a run at NC isn't a bad choice either.

With a race this tight on the surface, it's going to give a pretty fascinating window into what the Dems think is winnable and how winnable.
if it's Kelly, you have an open seat in AZ senate that could go red.

I think Cooper is the favourite cause you don't lose a current seat (senate or governor)

yup. call liars liars. easy as that.

Part of why I don’t get the endless engagement with the token shithead MAGA piece of human garbage that occasionally pops in on this thread.

There’s only two possibilities. Either he’s a completely unserious person who’s deliberately trolling and attempting to baffle & sidetrack the discussion with endless amounts of easily disprovable bullshit.

Or he’s a credulous moron who’s so deep in the cult and has such finely tuned ability to live in a state of perpetual cognitive dissonance that there’s no reaching him, and there’s zero point in wasting any effort on the attempt. Just block and move on.

Part of why I don’t get the endless engagement with the token shithead MAGA piece of human garbage that occasionally pops in on this thread.

There’s only two possibilities. Either he’s a completely unserious person who’s deliberately trolling and attempting to baffle & sidetrack the discussion with endless amounts of easily disprovable bullshit.

Or he’s a credulous moron who’s so deep in the cult and has such finely tuned ability to live in a state of perpetual cognitive dissonance that there’s no reaching him, and there’s zero point in wasting any effort on the attempt. Just block and move on.
Yeah, I keep answering and regret every time but you’re exactly right

Back