• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

my concern is that the data is bullshit. hopefully the Dems internal stuff is better than the publicly available polls.
As CH1 said, I don't think the dems are nearly as incompetent as they're often portrayed to be around here. I have no reason to trust forumice over the dem internal data that finally convinced Joe to step down. Granted they could be wrong too, but gun to my head I'm trusting them a touch more than FI.

Reactions: CH1
Part of why I don’t get the endless engagement with the token shithead MAGA piece of human garbage that occasionally pops in on this thread.

There’s only two possibilities. Either he’s a completely unserious person who’s deliberately trolling and attempting to baffle & sidetrack the discussion with endless amounts of easily disprovable bullshit.

Or he’s a credulous moron who’s so deep in the cult and has such finely tuned ability to live in a state of perpetual cognitive dissonance that there’s no reaching him, and there’s zero point in wasting any effort on the attempt. Just block and move on.
fair enough, but it's not often for his benefit. its for the lurkers who may be inclined to believe his nonsense. it deserves to be shown to be nonsense, for their sakes.

As CH1 said, I don't think the dems are nearly as incompetent as they're often portrayed to be around here. I have no reason to trust forumice over the dem internal data that finally convinced Joe to step down. Granted they could be wrong too, but gun to my head I'm trusting them a touch more than FI.
pretending it's just FI is disingenuous.

plenty of DC insiders, with far more political wisdom and experience than us humble FI analysts, were still adamant Biden had a path. still are, to this day.

It was money, pure and simple. Doner taps were shutting off if he didn't exit.

pretending it's just FI is disingenuous.

plenty of DC insiders, with far more political wisdom and experience than us humble FI analysts, were still adamant Biden had a path. still are, to this day.
This was not the consensus opinion. The consensus isn't always right, mind you (antivaxxers got the last laugh on covid after all!), but I do think it's important to acknowledge that maybe they knew or discovered some information that we don't have. My mind is fully open on this, but if the dems truly felt that Biden was in trouble (convincing enough that Biden himself agreed to let go), then sorry but I have some belief that they may be right. I think the party is crafty enough to suss out all the noise from the data and find proper, quality data. If that data looks grim, then so be it.

We were hearing a lot about this battle between Gavin, Gretchen and Harris, mini primaries, town halls where Dems arrows are pointed at each other instead of Trump, after we’ve already not really been talking about Trump since the debate. That’s what the concern was over. That hasn’t happened and that’s great imo

We were hearing a lot about this battle between Gavin, Gretchen and Harris, mini primaries, town halls where Dems arrows are pointed at each other instead of Trump, after we’ve already not really been talking about Trump since the debate. That’s what the concern was over. That hasn’t happened and that’s great imo
This was Biden's play. He wasn't going to drop out of the race unless the party was unified about his replacement
Mission accomplished.
Simply brilliant.

I am sure that it was Nona's idea.

Back