• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

We were hearing a lot about this battle between Gavin, Gretchen and Harris, mini primaries, town halls where Dems arrows are pointed at each other instead of Trump, after we’ve already not really been talking about Trump since the debate. That’s what the concern was over. That hasn’t happened and that’s great imo

The infighting concern was overblown here. There was never going to be a traditional convention.

All the arrows would have been pointed at Trump. The one deemed the best at defeating Trump would have been chosen.

If this sounds naively optimistic to you, fine. Just know that lots of Dems outside the FI bubble shared this optimism.

The infighting concern was overblown here. There was never going to be a traditional convention.

All the arrows would have been pointed at Trump. The one deemed the best at defeating Trump would have been chosen.

If this sounds naively optimistic to you, fine. Just know that lots of Dems outside the FI bubble shared this optimism.
I’ve given you credit for saying Biden would step down and I think you deserve credit for thinking the process would go smoothly but I’m kinda surprised you’re acting like you knew every potential challenger would almost immediately endorse her and we’d know she was the one in like a day? People are right to be pleasantly surprised by that I think.

So looks like the early anti-Kamala stuff is coalescing around her not being qualified, not ready etc (which is sort of hilarious to say about the VP, a former senator and former state AG.)

It seems like a pretty clear racist dog whistle and is going to get more blatantly mixed into the anti-DEI and birther conspiracy screeching points.

I’ve given you credit for saying Biden would step down and I think you deserve credit for thinking the process would go smoothly but I’m kinda surprised you’re acting like you knew every potential challenger would almost immediately endorse her and we’d know she was the one in like a day? People are right to be pleasantly surprised by that I think.

I had no idea it would take a day but I also wasn’t worried it would be a long drawn out messy affair.

Too much at stake. No serious Dem wants to fuck around too much

Back