• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Not ready is actually a good thing

People vote for “not ready” over established vets all the time

Obama, Justin Trudeau, Trump 1.0

Yeah I get it. We're all Leafs fans and we all suffer from ptsd. I prefer to stay more zen about this stuff and don't automatically assume ulterior motives when decisions are made. Whether right or wrong, I believe they and now Biden believe this will give them the best chance of winning.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the majority of people who pay attention to this type of thing every year more or less all shared similar fears or concerns.

if anything, the less knowledge one has about the DNC, Democratic Party, etc. and what they've done in recent history, the more optimistic they would likely be.

I mean, what is happening now is historically completely unprecedented, so it's rich to hear about how this was always the obvious path.

kudos to CH1 though, he nailed it. think he had him pulling out in August, but I won't split hairs!

Not ready is actually a good thing

People vote for “not ready” over established vets all the time

Obama, Justin Trudeau, Trump 1.0
saw something that said when there is no incumbent for prez in the US, younger person almost always wins

I don't think it's a coincidence that the majority of people who pay attention to this type of thing every year more or less all shared similar fears or concerns.

if anything, the less knowledge one has about the DNC, Democratic Party, etc. and what they've done in recent history, the more optimistic they would likely be.

I mean, what is happening now is historically completely unprecedented, so it's rich to hear about how this was always the obvious path.

kudos to CH1 though, he nailed it. think he had him pulling out in August, but I won't split hairs!
I'm not saying it was wrong to have those feelings! I'm fully aware of why you feel them. Please don't get me wrong. I just happened to not feel those things because I chose to believe that there is too much at stake for them to pull any shady shenanigans as a party during an unprecedented time. I was confident and I'm glad it's playing out as such. Their reaction since Joe pulled out only further supports the viewpoint that Joe and the dems feel that Kamala has a better chance of winning at this stage.

They could be wrong, they could be incompetent, but that's a different argument than assuming shady ulterior motives.

I'm not saying it was wrong to have those feelings! I'm fully aware of why you feel them. Please don't get me wrong. I just happened to not feel those things because I chose to believe that there is too much at stake for them to pull any shady shenanigans as a party during an unprecedented time. I was confident and I'm glad it's playing out as such. Their reaction since Joe pulled out only further supports the viewpoint that Joe and the dems feel that Kamala has a better chance of winning at this stage.

They could be wrong, they could be incompetent, but that's a different argument than assuming shady ulterior motives.
yah you had more faith in the Dems at large and so far, they are rewarding that faith.

again, happy to be wrong on this.

not fully out of the woods yet, but seems like a clear path for Kamala. hopefully she has what it takes to beat trump too.

I'm admittedly nervous about her odds in the general. I'm glad the replace Biden shenanigans are over and have resolved as smoothly as we could have hoped, definitely bodes well for what comes next.

I still don't have full faith in the Dems not to fuck this up, just for the record. but yah, stakes are fucking high.

She can still stand on a stage and say, "Look at what we accomplished."

Trump and Captain Eyeliner have nothing comparable to stand on.

Back