• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

yah you had more faith in the Dems at large and so far, they are rewarding that faith.

again, happy to be wrong on this.

not fully out of the woods yet, but seems like a clear path for Kamala. hopefully she has what it takes to beat trump too.

I'm admittedly nervous about her odds in the general. I'm glad the replace Biden shenanigans are over and have resolved as smoothly as we could have hoped, definitely bodes well for what comes next.

I still don't have full faith in the Dems not to fuck this up, just for the record. but yah, stakes are fucking high.
My biggest issue is that they didn't plan for this. I get that they waited for the data and for joe to stumble and clearly show signs of rapid deterioration.. but they really should have made this decision long ago. They procrastinated and as a result have no choice but to go with Kamala. It could be fine but and she may be the best option anyway but certainly no guarantees there. Lots of work to be done to win some people back and I'm not sure she's all that capable of that.

She can yeah. And she can say it without making an error.

And she can call Trump a criminal to his face without folks having to figure out what she’s saying or if she’ll still be alive at the end of the sentence

Imagine that

My biggest issue is that they didn't plan for this. I get that they waited for the data and for joe to stumble and clearly show signs of rapid deterioration.. but they really should have made this decision long ago. They procrastinated and as a result have no choice but to go with Kamala. It could be fine but and she may be the best option anyway but certainly no guarantees there. Lots of work to be done to win some people back and I'm not sure she's all that capable of that.
agreed.

and the failure to plan for something like this was part of why I had no faith that they'd be able to stickhandle it gracefully.

but they could've made this a whole lot worse (i.e. open convention), and they haven't, so thank goodness and kudos.

agreed.

and the failure to plan for something like this was part of why I had no faith that they'd be able to stickhandle it gracefully.

but they could've made this a whole lot worse (i.e. open convention), and they haven't, so thank goodness and kudos.
As much as I don't think they're as incompetent as folks here believe, they can be guilty of procrastinating from time to time, often out of fear of rocking the boat. I truly believe they waited for every shred of evidence to come in that pointed towards Biden not being the right candidate before actually acting.

But it's done now. Time to get going.

I don’t think Dem higher ups waited for the data.

Joe didn’t want to retire (a lot of folks hang on past their due date)

Joe is the one guilty of waiting for the data before leaving.

Pretty funny that the betting lines have Kamala at 85% and the only person with reasonable odds other than her? Michelle Obama at 7%. The gop (Ted Cruz and Vivek amongst others) have been theorizing that it would be her for about a year now. Have to admit I don't see that at all.

I don’t think Dem higher ups waited for the data.

Joe didn’t want to retire (a lot of folks hang on past their due date)

Joe is the one guilty of waiting for the data before leaving.
Fair, that could be it too. Dems technically could have applied this private/public pressure on him a year ago though, or at least before the primaries. But to your point, Joe probably needed to see the data in July with the election a few months away, not last year, to be convinced.

And she can call Trump a criminal to his face without folks having to figure out what she’s saying or if she’ll still be alive at the end of the sentence

Imagine that
And Trump can point to her creating a bailout fund for the criminals looting and burning cities.

Waiting did have its benefits. 1- After watching the debate, Biden supporters fall inline now that he has left. Everyone understands why this needed to be done. There is no division 2- Trump felt so comfortable that he picked an extreme VP choice that would do his bidding for him. Knowing he'd go against a black/pro-choice/accomplished woman, he may have made a different choice. He may have picked someone towards the middle to grab a piece of that independent vote. Now him and JD are boxed in 3- Trump wasted several million $'s + stamina every day on Anti-Biden messaging. Those millions and Truths could've been used better otherwise.

Back