• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

“no reason other than pigheaded vanity” is a terrible take.

Biden was in the race because he thought he had the best chance of being Trump (he already beat him.) When he became convinced he didn’t, he stepped aside.

That is actually pretty extraordinary openness and humility, especially for the so-called leader of the free world. If “pigheaded vanity”/“enormous ego” is anyone’s impression of Biden after all this, it’s a very bad read of the situation.

“no reason other than pigheaded vanity” is a terrible take.

Biden was in the race because he thought he had the best chance of being Trump (he already beat him.) When he became convinced he didn’t, he stepped aside.

That is actually pretty extraordinary openness and humility, especially for the so-called leader of the free world. If “pigheaded vanity”/“enormous ego” is anyone’s impression of Biden after all this, it’s a very bad read of the situation.

fair - but when reading right-wing tweets, you have to expect some of that crap and filter it out.

I thought the point about people giving real thought to the possibility of voting for trump is likely somewhat true, given that I was at least giving more serious contemplation to Trump actually winning, and to the importance of winning congress etc

That was super obvious to anyone who wanted him to quit.

These campaigns often come down to Storytelling.

Biden was a double whammy of failure.

Not only couldn’t you rely on him to tell the story about his accomplishments or Trump’s many flaws, his inability to be a reliable narrator became the biggest story of the campaign.

That was super obvious to anyone who wanted him to quit.

These campaigns often come down to Storytelling.

Biden was a double whammy of failure.

Not only couldn’t you rely on him to tell the story about his accomplishments or Trump’s many flaws, his inability to be a reliable narrator became the biggest story of the campaign.

what's strange to me is that even though he wasn't amazing at the State of the Union, he was still pretty good. Good enough to win an election with.

But that debate, and all the ensuing interviews, were so bad that i don't quite understand how he got there so quickly.

what's strange to me is that even though he wasn't amazing at the State of the Union, he was still pretty good. Good enough to win an election with.

But that debate, and all the ensuing interviews, were so bad that i don't quite understand how he got there so quickly.
He still had enough to pitch through the inning. Now, it's time for the bullpen.

I thought he was really good off the cuff vs the heckling MAGAs at the State of the Union but being 80 is a ticking time bomb for most… good days can still be had but often surrounded by stretches of bad days (which a Presidential campaign cannot afford)

Back