• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I'm relieved and this burst of new energy and excitement could work out in their favor, but it's clear now that Biden was a burden.
I'm gonna hold off on any definite judgments just yet, but it's definitely looking that way right now. we'll see how this cookie crumbles...

I'm relieved and this burst of new energy and excitement could work out in their favor, but it's clear now that Biden was a burden.
Yeah, I think based on the massive burst of enthusiasm from voters/small donors, this is clear now.

I'm beyond thrilled by the response from the Dems - they seem on the same page and ready to fight at least. No idea if it'll work but I hope so.

It's mostly all eye test stuff right now but the eye test in 2020 was a leading indicator for the data, which had Biden comfortably ahead the entire time. And this sure feels like 2020 level of excitement so hopefully history can repeat itself.

Still highly uncertain that she's electable but I feel better than I did a week ago.

Tech bros ain’t Steve Jobs trying to make your life better any more.

Side note: Steve’s widow is a big Kamala fan

For over a decade, Ms. Harris has had a particularly close friendship with the philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs, one of the wealthiest women in the world, who hosted a fund-raiser for Ms. Harris in her Palo Alto backyard in 2013. The Silicon Valley billionaire would most likely play a bigger role in a Harris campaign owing to their friendship, people close to Ms. Harris say. Ms. Powell Jobs has yet to publicly comment on Ms. Harris’s bid.

True believers are hellarious in theory but in reality it is a bit much.

I don’t think we discuss enough how fucking empty and hollow an existence it must be, to knowingly disregard any facts/evidence/logic that disproves your claims.

Not that we all aren’t prone to being too stubborn to admit right away when we’re wrong…..but for the most part I think the majority of us can concede when something we said is disproven with cold hard evidence.

…..but walking around knowing you’re wrong, or knowing that anytime anyone provides enough evidence to prove what I said wrong, I’ll just move the goalposts and change the discussion. Knowing I’m too incapable of backing up my point, or scared of what the truth might be….i have to run away from it like a scared little boy.

Like it’s effective in such a low level juvenile way….i just think it would be so corrosive to my self worth to live that way.

It is satisfying knowing those twerps have to live with that internal realization though. Doesn’t matter what they say, what they claim to “believe”……end of the day that cold hard truth between them and their consciousness is inescapable.

Would he survive the campaign though? For the man's own health this was the right move. That debate was an embarrassment, another one like that? I don't think he wins.

I’m shocked by it. I didn’t believe in Kamala at all as a candidate but seeing everyone collectively get in lock-step behind her and this energy and excitement it’s generated. It’s been a real shot in the arm…..has me exponentially more pumped about her candidacy than I’d have expected to be.

Last edited:
the truth is Veeps just aren't that important.

now maybe they are more important for a black woman candidate (just like Joe was more important than most veeps for Obama), but unless they're bringing a state with you there's still only so much a veep is worth.

the good news here is that literally all the contenders look like good choices. The dems' bench is looking pretty dang good surprisingly.
They used to be much more important, more like a royal wedding

Back