• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

none of you are actually rebutting the things I have repeatedly taken issue with regarding whether or not he was actually shot. but we can keep going on the merry go round...

Yeah it’s not only the wrong hill the die on…..it’s a softball of a lob to be the exact situation you take the moral high road on by not reacting like they do.
Yup and that includes the media. Don't be fox news. This is something they'd bitch over if it was Biden. But of course, Biden wouldn't have taken it like a champ like Trump did.

re: Trump, I just think we should encourage a return to presidential norms as much as possible and I think that includes transparency in stuff like this. I wouldn’t make it an issue if I’m anyone on the left, but I mean… it just seems like this is the media’s job and they give Trump a pass every time. Dems are held to way higher standards.

I’m 100% with Preston on the Trump assassination topic….best to not discuss it at all, than give the other side ammunition by reacting how they would if the shoes were on the other foot.

It was a legit assassination attempt…..leave it at that. Less oxygen you give it, less it benefits them.

its not the hill to battle for.
If someone got almost killed by an intruder with a hammer, I am sure that they would be sympathetic.

If someone got almost killed by an intruder with a hammer, I am sure that they would be sympathetic.

exactly……to me having a great example of us not delving into the scummy shit they did when Pelosi was attacked, and taking the high road after an assassination attempt, just lays bare for everyone to see the different ways each side operate.

y'all are being played by dotard here and it pains me to see it.

Trump’s defiance in the face of bullets has been by far the strongest part of his campaign.

It’s not that I disagree with you but my wish (and my prediction at the time) was that it wouldn’t be such an impactful memory come November.

So for the event to keep fading in the rear view, I’d rather not ask any questions about it

exactly……to me having a great example of us not delving into the scummy shit they did when Pelosi was attacked, and taking the high road after an assassination attempt, just lays bare for everyone to see the different ways each side operate.
There was an assassination attempt on the former President.
It was wrong.

If a medical report becomes public and says that his ear was cut by something other than a bullet. he was still shot at.
Then, the only issue is that he knew that he didn't "take a bullet" and lied about it.

But, even then, he didn't lie about being shot at.

Back