• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I don't really care about the bandage. He was shot at, he can milk it if he wants.

The whole thing was a massive breakdown of security, obviously. Incompetence? Complacency? Just for sanity's sake of any Secret Service protection of any other public former president, I'm sure the whole thing deserves a deep investigation.

Of course, it would help if the US somehow could break out of being the society that actually has stuff like that happen, and figure out how to prevent someone unhinged from nearly killing a candidate/former president, no matter how repulsive he is.
two separate issues here.

one - trump was shot at. someone tried to kill him. shouldn't have been such a close call, fix up the systems to prevent this from recurring. no argument from me.

but the second issue is quite pertinent and relevant if we want to live in an open, free, democratic society. the media should under no circumstances just blindly accept the word of a convicted felon and adjudicated rapist, especially when there are established norms for this kinda stuff that they're just completely ignoring. not to mention, it's directly relevant to the campaign. hell, Trump's team made the health and competency of the candidates an issue - this speaks directly to that, and the media has just failed to do its job here to accurately report to the people what happened to a presidential candidate, and whether it has any impact on his health.

Funny how we don't hear about the Coupmala surviving the pipe bomb assassination attempt more. Pipe bomb discovered by her secret service, who then let people walk around it despite their knowledge of the existence. That survival situation should be something they'd milk to death along with all the other J6 narratives. I'm glad they found who put it there, too!
got any more fake videos to share?

two separate issues here.

one - trump was shot at. someone tried to kill him. shouldn't have been such a close call, fix up the systems to prevent this from recurring. no argument from me.

but the second issue is quite pertinent and relevant if we want to live in an open, free, democratic society. the media should under no circumstances just blindly accept the word of a convicted felon and adjudicated rapist, especially when there are established norms for this kinda stuff that they're just completely ignoring. not to mention, it's directly relevant to the campaign. hell, Trump's team made the health and competency of the candidates an issue - this speaks directly to that, and the media has just failed to do its job here to accurately report to the people what happened to a presidential candidate, and whether it has any impact on his health.
Removing emotion and opinions on how we feel about it, you let that topic go if you want to have your best chance of winning imo. The people can be mad, that's fine. I disagree with it (a narcissist got shot and took the bullet like a champ, what did you expect would happen?), but I hope and assume the Dems aren't gonna bring up anything regarding the assassination attempt. It's poor optics tbh.

Looked like all the Dems in that hearing went after Cheatle pretty hard, as they should have. The Secret Service has screwed up a ton lately and had a bunch of questionable incidents. Deleted a bunch of J6 texts, failed to locate the pipe bomb when KH was in the building, Pence refused to get in the car with them, etc.

Removing emotion and opinions on how we feel about it, you let that topic go if you want to have your best chance of winning imo. The people can be mad, that's fine. I disagree with it (a narcissist got shot and took the bullet like a champ, what did you expect would happen?), but I hope and assume the Dems aren't gonna bring up anything regarding the assassination attempt. It's poor optics tbh.
you're conflating partisans with allegedly nonpartisan journalists.

my issue is with journalists, not democrats here.

Back