• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

As a presidential candidate, Ms. Harris proposed replacing Mr. Trump’s 2017 tax cuts with a monthly refundable tax credit worth up to $500 for people earning less than $100,000. The policy, known as the LIFT the Middle Class Act, was unveiled in 2018 and aimed to address the rising cost of living by providing middle-class and working families with money to help pay for everyday expenses. She framed it as a way to close the wealth gap in the United States.

In 2019, Ms. Harris proposed increasing estate taxes on the wealthy to pay for a $300 billion plan to raise teacher salaries. In what was billed as the “largest federal investment in teacher pay in U.S. history,” the plan would have given the average teacher in America a $13,500 pay increase.

Ms. Harris made affordable housing a priority during her tenure in the Senate and her presidential campaign, but took a different approach. She proposed the Rent Relief Act, which would have provided refundable tax credits allowing renters who earn less than $100,000 to recoup housing costs in excess of 30 percent of their incomes.

To help the poorest, Ms. Harris also called for providing emergency relief funding for the homeless and for spending $100 billion in communities where people have traditionally been unable to get home loans because of discrimination.

Pre-driving years, basically the schedule after school was, grab a snack, play NHL 91 while talking to girls on the phone, then dinner while watching prime time tv, then homework, more NHL and phone, and then sleep eventually. No screen during school and very little on weekends though. The good old days. Nostalgic feelings kicking in.

Never had a gaming system until I was an adult and bought my own.

Come home from school, play street hockey, go to real hockey, go home, sleep.

Now I need all the screens.

Never had a gaming system until I was an adult and bought my own.

Come home from school, play street hockey, go to real hockey, go home, sleep.

Now I need all the screens.
we used to play street hockey until we got forced inside by parents for dinner. the golden days

Back