• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

We lost so many tennis balls (that is what we played with) in the dark.

But also mini sticks (wooden spoon) hockey in the hallway was a thing as well.
we were never allowed mini sticks for reasons I cannot remember.

so I invented (and yes, I am the original, and only inventor) what we called "hand hockey" (played mostly on your knees, with a type of stress ball, using your flat, outstretched hand as a hockey stick). and then set up our basement with a custom set-up to be able to play. most often, me and my brother, but sometimes 2 v 2 with neighbours, tournaments, etc.

I think a big part of the enthusiasm for her candidacy is just the cold water to face of having a youthful energized, competent speaker as the face of one of the major parties for the first time in 2-3 election cycles.

Everything has been cranky & curmudgeonly for so long now, it’s been a jolt to the system for everyone to have someone with a little vitality to them leading the way.
fully agreed. never realized how much the olds were holding us back/dragging us down till we got to see the youthful enthusiasm of 59-year old Kamala :p

so I invented (and yes, I am the original, and only inventor) what we called "hand hockey" (played mostly on your knees, with a type of stress ball, using your flat, outstretched hand as a hockey stick). and then set up our basement with a custom set-up to be able to play. most often, me and my brother, but sometimes 2 v 2 with neighbours, tournaments, etc.

We destroyed the hall walls so that is probably why.

Thinking about playing hand hockey now makes my knees hurt.

No mini sticks because they destroy the walls and floors! My friend had a big house and one unused area was the designated hallway hockey area, and it was quite literally a warzone.

Also, Jonas invented hand hockey and has spent way more time on his knees than you, I'm sure. Nice try though.

I think a big part of the enthusiasm for her candidacy is just the cold water to face of having a youthful energized, competent speaker as the face of one of the major parties for the first time in 2-3 election cycles.

Everything has been cranky & curmudgeonly for so long now, it’s been a jolt to the system for everyone to have someone with a little vitality to them leading the way.
Competent?

There's a reason she was polling last in 2020 when she dropped out of the primaries.

The process it sounds like is unchanged because Clyburn said 300 was the rule already earlier in the week. I don’t think anyone would be able to get 300 at this point unless you had quite a few states back down on their pledges.

Competent?

There's a reason she was polling last in 2020 when she dropped out of the primaries.

you probably don't actually remember the 2019 dem primaries, which had 29 total candidates and 18 who made it to onto actual primary ballots, but when Harris pulled out, she was in a tie for 4th with Mayor Pete, behind Liz and Bernie, way behind joe.

Roll call? Pre-convention?

Sounds like a coup.

The funny thing is... There are definitely things less democratic about the US system especially with the hoops third parties have to jump through to get on the ballot.

Back