• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Never had a gaming system until I was an adult and bought my own.

Come home from school, play street hockey, go to real hockey, go home, sleep.

Now I need all the screens.
We'd play ball hockey in gym class two or three times a week, but never after school. Only on weekends.

But oh yeah, there was ice hockey once or twice a week in the evenings.

With the video games, once I went to university, I traded everything I had in for cash and was done. Then in law school, I bought a PS2 for myself after finals in first year, and played NHL and Metal Gear like crazy, but within a year or so, I was finding that the screen would bother my eyes and I'd get headaches, so I dumped it again. Then when the pandemic started, a buddy/client got a PS4 and insisted I get one so we could play NHL, and we did a couple of times and were done with it. It's weird, I feel like NHL got less fun over the years, but then when I've played the old NHL versions (which you can do on the PS5), they seem like they're not as good as before too. Game play feels way slower than I remember when we used to have our tournaments when we were kids. Now those were fun.

I actually think this matters a lot in this race. Especially cause of the geriatric focus up till now

View: https://x.com/clairlemon/status/1815933856018751885

I think a big part of the enthusiasm for her candidacy is just the cold water to face of having a youthful energized, competent speaker as the face of one of the major parties for the first time in 2-3 election cycles.

Everything has been cranky & curmudgeonly for so long now, it’s been a jolt to the system for everyone to have someone with a little vitality to them leading the way.

Back