• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

People who change their minds should be applauded, not mocked

yes i know you're slavishly devoted to these economic prognosticators, but unless he now admits that the concept of stimulus itself has drastically outperformed and now in his mind superceded his favorite cliche economic theories, i'm going to mock him.

I love the rationalizing bullshit from the host at the end...

I mean, why aren't we allowed to walk back hateful bullshit we said years ago because it's inconvenient for us that people found out about it today? Dude wasn't making some sort of narrow policy focused statement that contrary evidence has since come to light and he's learned from: "Hey, maybe quantitative easing has it's place in certain situations as long as we keep an eye on the 10 yr yield spread". Nah, his point was "women without children are fucking useless to society and should have less of a say than parents have".

How the fuck do you "walk that back" without disavowing the entire worldview that generated it?

So there's 5 polls where the sample started on monday, after Joe quit:

Rasmussen: Trump +7 (lol)
CNN: Trump +3 (except that this was a re-sample of their previous poll)
Marist: Trump +1
Morning Consult Kamala: +1
Reuters: Kamala +2

there's also one other poll that at least includes monday polling (but starts on friday), and that's Yahoo which has the race even.

so it's tied on average when we rightly ignore Rasmussen.

given that the CNN poll was just a re-sample of a previous Trump +6 over Biden poll, that one might be a bit dubious too.

Back