• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

GTbhD35WAAAD1Wm

I want to like flyguy. I genuinely enjoy seeing other perspectives, not so much discussing with them because I don't like trying to get people to change their mind. But sometimes they're not actually other perspectives. Their worldview is fueled by rage and hate and that's not worth anyone's time!
I dunno I still think there’s a lot of value in knowing what the ‘other side’ is thinking. Obviously FlyGuy doesn’t represent every Trumper but likely still a useful sampling

I want to like flyguy. I genuinely enjoy seeing other perspectives, not so much discussing with them because I don't like trying to get people to change their mind. But sometimes they're not actually other perspectives. Their worldview is fueled by rage and hate and that's not worth anyone's time!
Who do I hate? This is news to me.

I do have disdain for evil people who want to take away children's right to innocence. I do have disdain for people promoting Marxist principles. I do have a view of what promotes the most harmonious, virtuous, free, and fulfilling society and support people who promote things that help to that end.

I don't always (usually) take the time to go into a lot of nuance on all the reasons for those things. A lot of the beliefs are gathered based on lived experiences, books read, and people listened to, so I can't quite put it all into words properly and don't have the time to try to.

I am guilty of posting things that I find humorous or double standards.

I dunno I still think there’s a lot of value in knowing what the ‘other side’ is thinking. Obviously FlyGuy doesn’t represent every Trumper but likely still a useful sampling
Yeah I'm fine with it and unlike most here I love looking at the for you section on Twitter - it's a good mix of magats and Dems right now; morbid curiosity to see what everyone is saying! But if he's causing many folks headache here then it's never worth it. Not worth losing good people over.

I do have disdain for evil people who want to take away children's right to innocence. I do have disdain for people promoting Marxist principles. I do have a view of what promotes the most harmonious, virtuous, free, and fulfilling society and support people who promote things that help to that end.

I don't always (usually) take the time to go into a lot of nuance on all the reasons for those things. A lot of the beliefs are gathered based on lived experiences, books read, and people listened to, so I can't quite put it all into words properly and don't have the time to try to.

you seem to hate free, independent women, for one.

and nice of way saying you're unable to actually back up your positions when challenged!

Do the ends justify the means though?

Ingrained beliefs.

My issue isn't exactly the viewpoint as people are allowed their own opinions, my issue is the support for a man that is a carpetbagging huckster that couldn't give two shits about your viewpoint.

If someone wants to live a backwoods life then have at it but don't force the rest of us to deal with a megalomaniac.
I truly can't understand this viewpoint about him. Just today I listened to Ben Carson, who I think everyone would agree (despite character attacks), is a good man, tell of how he visited Mar a Lago and how Trump treated him, his family, and even the service workers on site just wowed him. There are too many firsthand accounts, combined with public appearances where you see it yourself, for it to be inauthentic. Hell he's not a career politician, y'know, the people who are professionals in inauthenticity.

Yeah I'm fine with it and unlike most here I love looking at the for you section on Twitter - it's a good mix of magats and Dems right now; morbid curiosity to see what everyone is saying! But if he's causing many folks headache here then it's never worth it. Not worth losing good people over.
nothing like that is necessary, just will probably ignore him as its mostly weirdo propaganda.

What a great way to expand your base!
Stick with me, but maybe they're not trying to expand their base?

What would dilute your authenticity more than succumbing to warmongers like Lindsay Graham, Nikki Haley, Victoria Nuland, Rupert Murdach, etc

Almost like having real beliefs and principles prevents someone from going whichever direction the wind blows

I truly can't understand this viewpoint about him. Just today I listened to Ben Carson, who I think everyone would agree (despite character attacks), is a good man, tell of how he visited Mar a Lago and how Trump treated him, his family, and even the service workers on site just wowed him. There are too many firsthand accounts, combined with public appearances where you see it yourself, for it to be inauthentic. Hell he's not a career politician, y'know, the people who are professionals in inauthenticity.
Yes because the most genuine people are billionaire CEOs... not coached all.

Try the firsthand accounts of all the people who are no longer politically, socially, or economically dependant on him, maybe?

1722016396753.png

Back