• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

How do you define freedom?

Are you suggesting there's a different definition of freedom for women?
I'm trying to figure out why he's saying I hate women that enjoy freedom and independence?

If he's saying the lifestyle of no kids or family is a positive for women that is empowering, fulfilling, and good for society, then I think that is false and there are many studies that show it. I think you could assume that a woman's purpose and pursuit, in that situation, would be one of power and/or material things. I don't think that's virtuous or actually fulfilling and I wouldn't recommend that path, but it's obviously a choice that they have the right to pursue.

I don't see how that makes me hate them, though.

I'm trying to figure out why he's saying I hate women that enjoy freedom and independence?

If he's saying the lifestyle of no kids or family is a positive for women that is empowering, fulfilling, and good for society, then I think that is false and there are many studies that show it. I think you could assume that a woman's purpose and pursuit, in that situation, would be one of power and/or material things. I don't think that's virtuous or actually fulfilling and I wouldn't recommend that path, but it's obviously a choice that they have the right to pursue.

why the fuck would you assume that.

you don't get how limiting women to childbearing and housekeeping and dependance on a breadwinning male limits their freedom and independence?

do you feel the need to tell men what they shouldn't do for their own good?

you hate it when they're free to make their own choices about how to live. it's shocking you don't seem to understand this.

you're quite literally telling all women that YOU KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM. dunno how it gets more patronizing than that.

for starters, free, independent women have bodily autonomy and are not required to be housewives. just for starters.
All men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights, including life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

No shit.

All men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights, including life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

No shit.
I hope you have sons, for their sake.

am I to interpret this statement as you confirming that you do not think women are equal to men? that's my takeaway of your views.

what's wrong with drag?

and what's is bullshit about trans people? unless you're just a bigot and think they shouldn't exist?

what exposure to sexual deviancy are you talking about? you realize the internet exists, right?

and you obviously do not understand what communism is.
I've reached the point where I see we are just going to agree to disagree. We have too different of worldviews and philosophy of what makes a virtuous and good society.

why the fuck would you assume that.
Please tell me what other purpose a person has in their life without family and kids.

On their death bed, who is there to comfort then and what do they look back on in life to say they are content with the life they lived. Genuinely curious what your answer is.

Back