• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

His advisers have urged Mr. Trump to portray Ms. Harris as someone who frequently changes her positions, some of them recalling how successfully President George W. Bush used that strategy against John Kerry in the 2004 presidential race.

Mr. Trump has called her “fake” — but in self-defeating ways, like questioning whether Ms. Harris, who is Black, is Black.

Outside advisers and allies have also called Mr. Trump to impress on him the political peril of continuing with those kinds of attacks. Kellyanne Conway, who managed his 2016 campaign, recently told Mr. Trump to stick to policy contrasts, rather than personal attacks, and to treat Ms. Harris as a formidable adversary, as he had Mrs. Clinton.

That advice has gone unheeded. At his news conference on Thursday in Palm Beach, Fla., Mr. Trump again attacked Ms. Harris as “nasty,” denigrated her intellect and said she was “very disrespectful” to both her Black and Indian heritages.

His advisers have urged Mr. Trump to portray Ms. Harris as someone who frequently changes her positions, some of them recalling how successfully President George W. Bush used that strategy against John Kerry in the 2004 presidential race.

Mr. Trump has called her “fake” — but in self-defeating ways, like questioning whether Ms. Harris, who is Black, is Black.

Outside advisers and allies have also called Mr. Trump to impress on him the political peril of continuing with those kinds of attacks. Kellyanne Conway, who managed his 2016 campaign, recently told Mr. Trump to stick to policy contrasts, rather than personal attacks, and to treat Ms. Harris as a formidable adversary, as he had Mrs. Clinton.

That advice has gone unheeded. At his news conference on Thursday in Palm Beach, Fla., Mr. Trump again attacked Ms. Harris as “nasty,” denigrated her intellect and said she was “very disrespectful” to both her Black and Indian heritages.

They have a few problems though

- Donald is unpopular. Anything that even lands is only going to land with his 46% that everything lands with
- Kamala is not John Kerry, who was uncharismatic to the point he seemed made of some sort of wood
- "Policy contrast" is a weakness of the Trump campaign, not a strength. The loudest place they differ on policy are bad news for Trumpo when they come out. "Project 2025" was his first emergency of this election and it was purely policy driven. They're not beating the "weird" allegations by focusing on their weird policies.

If you’re an undramatic market pundit who advises people to invest a small percentage of their salary every month instead of trying to to time every top and bottom, you will get a total of 7 likes and zero monthly paid subscribers
His entire persona is running a few catchphrases into the ground mocking crypto holders (I.e. few) but that's his charm and it has worked for him! He has fully earned his following. As you say, the truth is boring. The truth doesn't have a crystal ball. The truth plays probabilities and humans want answers not probabilities so they will naturally seek people like him.

It's a good business decision to be like him. Many make careers out of it. When they're wrong there is an art in twisting it into getting people to believe you're right. For example gayed keeps calling for a crash but then he'll hedge his bets and say "I bet we're gonna have a melt up this week." When it happens he re-shares that tweet. He wasn't wrong!

@MindzEye disagree about policy. in the latest NYT poll which shows Kamala kicking his ass, he’s still ranked ahead of her with respect to immigration and the economy.

That’s his only chance. Slim but it’s there. But I think he’s too undisciplined and incoherent to execute properly

His entire persona is running a few catchphrases into the ground mocking crypto holders (I.e. few) but that's his charm and it has worked for him! He has fully earned his following. As you say, the truth is boring. The truth doesn't have a crystal ball. The truth plays probabilities and humans want answers not probabilities so they will naturally seek people like him.

It's a good business decision to be like him. Many make careers out of it. When they're wrong there is an art in twisting it into getting people to believe you're right. For example gayed keeps calling for a crash but then he'll hedge his bets and say "I bet we're gonna have a melt up this week." When it happens he re-shares that tweet. He wasn't wrong!

if I were unscrupulous and wanted to be a Furu this is what I would do

Invest all my excess work income in 100% long ETFs

Use all my subscription revenue to buy puts.

That way I’d be forever long the mkt while banking big coin the twice a year when the market corrects

Sounds pretty gayfed to me.

I'm not sure he seems like the type. Assuming they win, Kamala does 8 years, he'd be 68 by then. I could see him be fine with doing his duty as VP, and then hand it over to the next generation. Buttigieg or someone else in the next group.
Not Buttigieg, but agreed otherwise 😛

@MindzEye disagree about policy. in the latest NYT poll which shows Kamala kicking his ass, he’s still ranked ahead of her with respect to immigration and the economy.

That’s his only chance. Slim but it’s there. But I think he’s too undisciplined and incoherent to execute properly

Yougov did a deep dive into single issue stuff by candidate that dropped 2-3 days ago, I'm hard disagree on this being the way for him. He has an edge in a few, but he's getting smeshed in others.

Yougov did a deep dive into single issue stuff by candidate that dropped 2-3 days ago, I'm hard disagree on this being the way for him. He has an edge in a few, but he's getting smeshed in others.

Immigration and economy are his perceived strengths.. not sure how well they’ll hold up but he doesn’t have much else to run on

Back