• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

The premise behind the tariffs, to my knowledge, is to prevent companies from offshoring labor and keeping jobs at home. Want to offshore production? Then pay for it.

I do think it is ironic how the side who wants to raise taxes on corporations, erase loopholes, etc is lecturing on how price increases are passed to consumers.
Under Trump's often quoted plan, everything that is manufactured or grown outside the US will, automatically, be 20% higher because of tariffs.
Rising prices at 20% is massive inflation. A recession would be inevitable.

Now when the US exports their product, the rest of the world will retaliate with tariffs of at least equal value.
Global recession.

One wonders how Trump would sell his vision of corporate tax cuts when no one is paying taxes.

How about the FBI having the hunter laptop or a copy of the hard drive of it for 10 months before the existence and contents of it were revealed via the media.

And then conveniently allowing 50 intel officials to disavow it as Russian propaganda (when they really had no idea or proof) and thus giving Biden denial during the election while the FBI sat back and chilled. How about that for election interference? How about that for faith in institutions?

christino-football.gif

How about the denial of natural immunity being a stronger defense of covid than the vaccine?

lol.

Under Trump's often quoted plan, everything that is manufactured or grown outside the US will, automatically, be 20% higher because of tariffs.
Rising prices at 20% is massive inflation. A recession would be inevitable.

Now when the US exports their product, the rest of the world will retaliate with tariffs of at least equal value.
Global recession.

One wonders how Trump would sell his vision of corporate tax cuts when no one is paying taxes.
Don't worry. They'll try to destroy the US economically even if Trump is elected and doesn't introduce tariffs.

I think the real issue with Hunter's laptop is Chain of custody. How do we know that a Russian Agent didn't add any files to that laptop? Or the deep state for that matter....

I think the real issue with Hunter's laptop is Chain of custody. How do we know that a Russian Agent didn't add any files to that laptop? Or the deep state for that matter....

the real issue with Hunter's laptop was that it was always a nothingburger that they transparently attempted to drop as an october surprise to create scandal with no time for scrutiny, just like they did with Comey's "letter" in 2016.

note that they always just refer to "Hunter's laptop", and not to anything incriminating that was actually found on his laptop. If there was something significant there, they would be referring to it by name, not just to "hunter's laptop".

The supply chain backup caused by a world pandemic?
The strike at the ports. By keeping the boats in port and not unloading, there wasn't inventory.

Prices went up, while the product was offshore at the docks.
Companies made a killing on what could be received and sold.

Trump did nothing.

the real issue with Hunter's laptop was that it was always a nothingburger that they transparently attempted to drop as an october surprise to create scandal with no time for scrutiny, just like they did with Comey's "letter" in 2016.
Here, we have an opposing example of dismissing scandals as nothingburgers based on the our perception of motive. You see, we're not so different.

The problem is the experts end up being funded by groups with ulterior motives and/or straight up wrong. I see no incentive to trust "experts" through experience. Honestly, 2020 did so much damage to trust in institutions. CDC? FDA? MSM? No way in hell am I trusting them when they've been caught lying by omission or explicitly and been caught with extreme conflicts of interest.

I will buy your argument that MSM is trying to represent reality. They are just inherently biased because they are run by humans.

Fact-checking? The people that helped censor people who repeated things that were true the past 8 years? Yeah, not trusting them either.
Interesting how COVID seemed to be the real deal-breaker for most Trumpists.

By my notes, Trump was more wrong than any of the "experts" regarding COVID and relied on his own team to try and manage the country's incompetent response resulting in innumerable excess deaths.

Better to be a good liar than an expert I guess.

View: https://youtu.be/Yr6lnPVc4tg?si=DW0JrzGxO18zSfv7

The strike at the ports. By keeping the boats in port and not unloading, there wasn't inventory.

Prices went up, while the product was offshore at the docks.
Companies made a killing on what could be received and sold.

Trump did nothing.
Unions taking advantage of a catastrophe. What else is new. See: latest hurricane.

How about the FBI having the hunter laptop or a copy of the hard drive of it for 10 months before the existence and contents of it were revealed via the media.

And then conveniently allowing 50 intel officials to disavow it as Russian propaganda (when they really had no idea or proof) and thus giving Biden denial during the election while the FBI sat back and chilled. How about that for election interference? How about that for faith in institutions?

How about the denial of natural immunity being a stronger defense of covid than the vaccine? That was censored hardcore and derided by the CDC until they could no longer deny it.

There are so many examples of "conspiracies" that were true.
I will never understand the obsession with Hunter Biden. He is as relevant as Tiffany Trump. You will notice I didn't mention his other kids, because they actually were active participants in their father's administration. I guess I keep missing your posts expressing concern and outrage about the $2 billion the Saudis gave to Jared Kushner and Ivanka?

And what is the conspiracy regarding natural immunity? Getting covid represented a much higher chance of death or serious illness when it was a new disease rampaging through every country in the world. I mean, isn't it fairly obvious that natural immunity was not effective in 2020 and 2021? Scientists did not know at that time how effective it would be even after millions of people contracted covid. They had to wait for data to come in first. The vaccine, once it became available, provided the body with a much better chance of fighting off the disease in its early stages than without it.

The idea that we should all just sit around and wait for herd immunity was a simple math problem, in that many more people would die unnecessarily until enough people had built up any sort of "natural immunity" to limit the spread of covid or the amount of damage it was doing to people's bodies. The interventions we took, however imperfectly they were implemented, saved millions of lives in the meantime.

Back