• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

If getting rid of Joe and Not going with Kamala is the play then they are totally screwed.

So go with Joe so that you can easily say....should Joe not be able to finish his term Kamala will be in and we will have Gavin Newsom or mayor Pete be the upcoming vp with Harris.

This way the Harris supporters will stay, and the dems calling for change just need to be told that this can happen after the election and the win. Now get behind that train

Btw forumice is so much less echochambery when the Leafs are out. I like it. Good discussion here. We're too aligned on hockey matters sometimes (other than goaltending of course).

/No position in $Kallgren

Biden is slowing down A BIT, but could still rock a better SV% than Kallgren this season.

Provided that games start at 5 pm and end promptly at 8 pm.

a couple highlights from that article posted earlier that I think are worth sharing:

How many times in the last 120 years has the party holding the White House prevailed in the elections where the incumbent didn’t run as in 1920, 1952, 1968, 2008, or 2016? Never. It’s a sure prescription for defeat. In effect, those calling for Biden to step aside want to recreate the same set of circumstances that led to defeat in 2016.

Let me read you a couple of headlines: “Debate Debacle,” “Great Concern at Democratic Headquarters.” Those aren’t headlines from after last Thursday’s debate; those are from after Barack Obama’s performance in the first presidential debate of 2012. Afterward, a CNN poll showed that 72 percent of viewers thought Obama lost, which was worse than the 67 percent who thought Biden lost last Thursday. And, of course, Obama went on to win an electoral college landslide, 332 to 206. On the other hand, when Hillary Clinton won all three debates in 2016—and then again after the Access Hollywood tape—the pundits said Trump was finished. Now they’re telling us Biden’s finished after one debate. It's nonsense.

It's sad to see presto and ch so easily duped by the media. It will be Biden on the ticket. There is no secret plan

# Fuckingmuppets

I don't blame them. There's real reasons to be concerned.

I just see it as a combination of two factors: Bullshit polling creating a media narrative that Biden is behind & no one else being an actually superior candidate. Ideally we wouldn never be in the position of needing a fucking octagenarian to fight off the new fascism, but here we are.

a couple highlights from that article posted earlier that I think are worth sharing:

Yes. Obama had a bad night. Easy to shake off by stringing together a bunch of good nights.

Biden's brain looked fried. Not as easy to shake off.

I think it's perfectly reasonable that Biden drops out. an ~85 year old president is obviously not ideal, it's not personal or pro Trump to suggest

Eh, if your internal data says he's winning, you let him win the election and then have him step down in 2026. Let President Harris run the country with the same team for a few years and then let the Dem field take a run at her in primaries in 2028.

Worry about 2024 problems in 2024. Lots of time to deal with 2026-27-28 problems later.

Yes. Obama had a bad night. Easy to shake off by stringing together a bunch of good nights.

Biden's brain looked fried. Not as easy to shake off.
but not impossible either. and lots of time to do it.

I mean, as Pelosi says, is this a condition, or was it an incident?

obviously Joe is slowing down, and not the same guy he was in 2020. but I'm not at condition yet, based mostly on his record of actual governance, including this year.

and if it is a condition, well I'm not a praying man, but may be a time to start

the most important thing is winning this election.

d'uhhhh. that's what everyone cares about on TeamDems. I just happen to think we need to pull the goalie to increase our odds. I don't care to see Biden surrender more muffins to a beatable opponent like Trump.

Eh, if your internal data says he's winning, you let him win the election and then have him step down in 2026. Let President Harris run the country with the same team for a few years and then let the Dem field take a run at her in primaries in 2028.

Worry about 2024 problems in 2024. Lots of time to deal with 2026-27-28 problems later.
It's not that easy because even Dems don't want there to be a President Harris.

I feel yuck after typing those last words.

d'uhhhh. that's what everyone cares about on TeamDems. I just happen to think we need to pull the goalie to increase our odds. I don't care to see Biden surrender more muffins to a beatable opponent like Trump.

you don't want to see Biden surrender a few stray muffins but you want to serve him a muffin opponent. make it make sense

Back