• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

I mean part of this is just me managing my own expectations if I am being honest.

I had begun accepting that the Maritimes would avoid a third wave and then whammy.

Had booked a canoe trip assuming things would be open by then and then another whammy.

But I agree that the Science Table gives reason for cautious optimism as they've been pretty bang on throughout.

Half of me also expects us to discover a new VOC that has been circulating widely at some point in the next couple months.

But the biggest thing is I absolutely do not trust politicians to have the requisite patience required (see: Kenney, Jason). And this is what concerns me most. That and people either just being fed up/covid fatigued, or saying 'I have one dose of vaccine so **** it'.
Oh there's a very concerning one out there already. The Indian variant picked up a mutation that makes it more evasive to immunity (the same mutation that makes the SA variant so resistant to vaccines). It basically combined the transmission of Indian variant and immune evasion of south African variant with some immune evasion tacked on from the Indian variant already (i.e. it's possible it'll be the most resistant to vaccines). It's early days for that one and in small numbers so far but yeah... That's the kind of thing that is probably coming. If not that one then another one. I mean viruses mutate. It's inevitable.

welp
great news for everybody but me
they moved up second doses

Wife is now June 15th - going AZ to Pfizer
My parents are tomorrow morning - pure Pfizer

MIL was yesterday - Pfizer - no side effects outside of a slightly sore arm yesterday

welp
great news for everybody but me
they moved up second doses

Wife is now June 15th - going AZ to Pfizer
My parents are tomorrow morning - pure Pfizer

MIL was yesterday - Pfizer - no side effects outside of a slightly sore arm yesterday

Given they moved up the April 2nd doses, I'm guessing they'll open the May shots a little early too. Thanks to the anti-vaxx crowd, more and more likely I'll have my 2nd dose by the end of June...

Sometimes I wonder if I'm even vaccinated. :unsure:
AZ works almost as well (maybe even just as well) in preventing severe cases. You have a product that will save your life. Be happy. But on a population level we all benefit if we're surrounded by folks with an mRNA vaccine.

Narrator: they'll still all go to waste

Yeah, thanks so much Johnson & Johnson, we really appreciate the hard work you guys put in here. You made a vaccine, congrats!

r96MQVc.jpg

If the J&J vaccine works it may be the way to go for the extreme vaccine hesitant who will only get one to travel.

A one and done vaccine that only requires a 2 week lead time before travel.

Given they moved up the April 2nd doses, I'm guessing they'll open the May shots a little early too. Thanks to the anti-vaxx crowd, more and more likely I'll have my 2nd dose by the end of June...
And once we fully open on early July there will be no carrot to lure the morons

Increase in supply and anti vax morons mean we get second doses soon

Appears to be a struggle to get to 70 percent

And once we fully open on early July there will be no carrot to lure the morons

Increase in supply and anti vax morons mean we get second doses soon

Appears to be a struggle to get to 70 percent
Close enough right now that we'll make it sometime next week to that threshold. But the fact that we're going to limp to the line just so that they can remove all restrictions July 1... Yikes

I'm dumbfounded. Pharmacists are throwing away doses daily here and if I've now heard it from a third source there must be more.

They aren't even asking about residency anymore, you can walk into almost any walgreens and get a shot. Why? Anti-vaxxing idiots. Florida has a lot of them.

Back