• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Covid vaccine for a 2 year old worth it?

(he had omnicore already)
If mine had omni already I'd prolly toss him 1 dose 3-4 months after and wait for updated product to get another.

But I'm just some random dude. Don't listen to me. Some experts would say to get him 2 doses, others wouldn't get him any. It sucks when there's no perfect answer.

Original Wuhan vax so unlikely to be great but if vastly superior to mRNA that bodes real well for future intranasals and especially the ones that can be updated quickly and produced at scale.

Assuming Canada follows (doubtful, I know), I'm prolly gonna give the kiddo 1 Wuhan dose and wait for this one for his 2nd. Would be a 3-4 month interval which is prolly ideal anyway.

Anecdotal from a Dr friend.

He hasn't seen anyone come through the emergency room who has 3 doses and had covid before.

This was in response to me asking if I should get a booster now or wait til the fall.

Anecdotal from a Dr friend.

He hasn't seen anyone come through the emergency room who has 3 doses and had covid before.

This was in response to me asking if I should get a booster now or wait til the fall.

so what did you decide?

(I haven't had covid yet but I'm leaning towards waiting for the fall for shot #4)

Nobody here (in my immediate household) who was at the outdoor get together her is showing any signs of symptoms as of yet. It is day 3 post exposure. Fingers crossed it doesn’t wait until day 5 to rear it’s head if it’s going to. How’s everyone here doing who’s got it?

so what did you decide?

(I haven't had covid yet but I'm leaning towards waiting for the fall for shot #4)
I'll likely wait until the start of the fall wave, so hopefully late Oct or early November but more likely mid September

Reactions: CH1
Nobody here (in my immediate household) who was at the outdoor get together her is showing any signs of symptoms as of yet. It is day 3 post exposure. Fingers crossed it doesn’t wait until day 5 to rear it’s head if it’s going to. How’s everyone here doing who’s got it?
I'm sick still but nothing like alpha. Got myself some puffers. Hopefully it'll clear up soon.

Glad to hear no symptoms for your fam.

I'm sick still but nothing like alpha. Got myself some puffers. Hopefully it'll clear up soon.

Glad to hear no symptoms for your fam.
I’m just waiting. I don’t know how I won’t get it. I’m usually pretty good about personal distance but it’s close family friends we only see the civic weekend and the person in question just had surgery to remove tonsils and a tumor on one of them. So big hug and a smooch 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷‍♀️🙈 My inner empath took over momentarily. Right after he says I feel mainly ok post surgery. It’s just this cold. Sigh.

oh man. covid is now running through my office.

my fucking paralegal showed up to work yesterday despite testing positive on thurs/fri and remaining symptomatic. technically, she broke no public health rules or rules at our office, which is concerning in its own right.

anyhow, we now have two more employees home who have tested positive. we have two more working from home, one of whom will likely test positive and the other is the only other masker (we actually wear the same kind lol) and I am hoping that our masking is sufficient to protect us...

oh man. covid is now running through my office.

my fucking paralegal showed up to work yesterday despite testing positive on thurs/fri and remaining symptomatic. technically, she broke no public health rules or rules at our office, which is concerning in its own right.

anyhow, we now have two more employees home who have tested positive. we have two more working from home, one of whom will likely test positive and the other is the only other masker (we actually wear the same kind lol) and I am hoping that our masking is sufficient to protect us...

I think the whole "relax the restrictions to keep the economy going" severely underestimates the disruption to businesses when people are getting sick/it's spreading through the workplace.

I think the whole "relax the restrictions to keep the economy going" severely underestimates the disruption to businesses when people are getting sick/it's spreading through the workplace.
it is short sighted, idiotic, and actively fucking over our healthcare system.

all cause our elected officials are a bunch of weenies afraid of upsetting the electorate.

so this is what we get. and kind of what we deserve based on our choices at the polls. but yeah, it's stupid and shitty.

sorry I'm venting a bit, a little frustrated. hope my masking is effective.

it is short sighted, idiotic, and actively fucking over our healthcare system.

all cause our elected officials are a bunch of weenies afraid of upsetting the electorate.

so this is what we get. and kind of what we deserve based on our choices at the polls. but yeah, it's stupid and shitty.

sorry I'm venting a bit, a little frustrated. hope my masking is effective.
Your recent infection is definitely gonna be your biggest ally here. I think your level of immunity should be strong. Hope you make it out.

I'm still blown away by your paralegal btw. Not gonna go as far as mbow and say she's lying but fuck 4 infections in a province with barely any transmission till December? That's hard to do.

Your recent infection is definitely gonna be your biggest ally here. I think your level of immunity should be strong. Hope you make it out.

I'm still blown away by your paralegal btw. Not gonna go as far as mbow and say she's lying but fuck 4 infections in a province with barely any transmission till December? That's hard to do.
I mean, given her behaviour (i.e. recklessness) post-infection, starting to make a bit more sense.

I know she also used to volunteer at the women's prison in Truro, which would be prime grounds for picking up the vid I think.

and her fiancee worked at the testing centres back when testing was allowed and I think he may have picked it up from there once or twice? (obviously not wearing N95 or anything equivalent).

Back