• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Read a tweet that said neither guy is the good guy here, and that is probably accurate.

But the memes coming out are incredible.

277007329_523282995827126_8078599307513480964_n.jpg

Not harmless. Jada has Alopecia. It’s an autoimmune disease. Her hair can fall out in clumps or become patchy. Hence her hairstyle. She’s been vocal about it. So it was a tasteless joke about a medical condition.
Tasteless sure. But he can't act like that. There's been a lot of brutal jokes at awards shows and no one has acted like that.

Tasteless sure. But he can't act like that. There's been a lot of brutal jokes at awards shows and no one has acted like that.
Yeah, both sides wrong here. You don't joke about medical conditions unless if you're 100% sure they're joking themselves about it. And you don't run up on stage to slap someone about it.

Wasn't the first tasteless joke made at the Oscars, won't be the last. Except now that assault has been normalized (with no repercussions?) future hosts better choose their material carefully, which will make the whole thing even more unwatchable.

I will say this about Will; for a guy paid to communicate his entire life you’d think he could express his chivalry with more wit and humour than a domestic abuse style slap.

Will was weird — his I laughed, I hit someone, I cried vibe is new to me

Holy hell, what a shitshow.

The whole thing felt like there was some history between Smith and Rock. Enough that Smith felt comfortable enough getting on stage on a live broadcast to slap the man. I can't imagine he would have done that to almost anyone else.

... and the "devil" advice, I'm not sure it was meant in the literal sense. Maybe the devil is that voice in your head that thought that was a good idea.

I do like how the academy did nothing. Let him just go back to his seat. Kept showing him on camera. Let him take the stage for an acceptance speech.

When is the Oprah interview and anger management therapy?

If The Rock makes that joke instead of Chris Rock, Will's reaction is different.

Likewise, if Chris Rock was aware that Will might slap the shit out of him, he wouldn't make the joke. The threat of even mild violence has a habit of making people avoid acting the fool.

I do like how the academy did nothing. Let him just go back to his seat. Kept showing him on camera. Let him take the stage for an acceptance speech.

When is the Oprah interview and anger management therapy?

Nobody could process it — it initially looked fake to be honest

Watching the video I think Chris was ready to shred Will but then stopped himself and carried on. You can see him looking at Will and saying “I could” and then he stops himself.

Wasn't the first tasteless joke made at the Oscars, won't be the last. Except now that assault has been normalized (with no repercussions?) future hosts better choose their material carefully, which will make the whole thing even more unwatchable.

I mean, I think we all need to step back and recognize that not all tasteless jokes are created equally. Clowning about your movie that flopped isn't the same as making fun of a medical condition.

Back